Im looking to replace my MG50DFX, and have been looking at the Ashdown Fallen Angel 40w Combo, and i was wondering if this amp would be suited for what i want.

I mostly play metal, mainly metallica and maiden, with some trivium and slayer. I also would like to be able to get a good blues tone, much like stevie ray vaughan's.

Will this amp do what i want, and would i want a better overdrive pedal than my OD-3 to reach the higher gain tones?

thanks in advance
My rig:
Ibanez GRG170DX with Swineshead Warthog and Venom
Ibanez TCY10
Vintage V99CS
Boss MT-2
Boss OD-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Zoom 606
Randall RG50TC
Marshall MG50DFX
should be ok, best bet is to try it. also try the randall rg50tc, if you can. and the marshall dsl401.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?