Page 1 of 10
This has to be the what.... 700th time now?
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Nah it doesn't bother me because I know it won't actually happen. I've heard this so many times now that it actually just annoys me that people still believe it will happen.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Wolfgang is alright. He's only 15 though so he's nothing special. But then he's only playing bass anyway.

This won't happen. They all have far too large egos to let it. They'll go for one practice (if they even get that far) and then it'll all be over again.
Quote by CornLord

Well his dad is EVH, his ego's probably bigger than the rest of the band.
Quote by CornLord

The fact that he's 15 doesn't mean anything. Jonny Lang was only 15 when he was signed and he is great. The question is if he can handle it, being that he's only been playing for like 3 months. It's just weird that they have him. I personally don't care, but I hope that they reunite for how many people like them.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Its about time is all I can say.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
Quote by Page&HammettFan
The question is if he can handle it, being that he's only been playing for like 3 months.

Please tell me that you're joking... Please... Why would they want someone so inexperienced, not only as a musician, but also in front of so many people, playing for them?

He's going to drop dead on stage.
Maybe the first few shows. Right now it's probably around 6 months. Eddie says that Wolfgang impressess him every time he turns around. But I mean still, they oughta play some small shows at first. That kid will probably puke on stage or something from being nervous. I sure as hell couldn't do it right now. I'm way too inexperienced in front of crowds right now.

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Meh, I was playing shows when I was 15 and I'd only been playing a few months. I never really struggled. He comes from a musical background and his ego will be huge. He'll be absolutely fine. Or at least he would be, if this was actually going to happen.
Quote by CornLord

300-400

I actually find it easier the more people there are there. The more people there, the less you have personal connections with. It's much more difficult to play in front of 10 friends than it is to play in front of 100 strangers.
Quote by CornLord

Perhaps.

I play comfortably in front of friends, but I remember one time my friends and I set up at a friend's house outside, and people would stop by.

I played okay, then, but it'd only be a few people watching at a time.
I always feel awkward in front of friends. I always get asked to play guitar but I HATE people thinking I'm showing off at something, so I get really unnerved.
Quote by CornLord

I know that feeling. There's these guys I go to school with who know I'm obsessed with UG and playing guitar, and I went to one of their houses and found that they had a Squire HSS Strat (or whatever the hell it is), and I wanted to just fiddle with it because I never played an HSS before (it has a humbucker for the bridge pickup), and they were like, "PLAY! PLAY! PLAY!" the whole time.
The more people to an extent the easier. I've performed in front of crowds, but not on guitar ( hmm, where's this going? ). I've done karate demonstrations at fairs and stuff, so I'm not entirely new to crowds. There've been significant numbers of people there before too. But performing in front of my family on Christmas was a pain. We were being taped and stuff. So it was just weird. When we were playing though, they wouldn't shut the hell up. I was like "If you wanna sing it then sing it. But don't forget the words and don't pause looking at me!". I was pissed. So then I shut em all up and my bro and I did it. My singing sucks though, and I was trying to get my voice loud enough over the acoustic guitar and the amp. It was a pain in the ass. Wish I'd have had a mic.

Man, I hate playing and knowing I'm being recorded.

I wish that somehow something was secretly set-up before I would play so I wouldn't be so nervous when I'm jamming with people and we're recording.
Look at it from the perspective of you're going to see where you guys could all improve when jamming. And if anyone says anything (like the drummer for instance) tell em all the things that they could fix

EVH boy being in the band make me think that they understand they are past their prime. The music that is new and cutting is done by people who are younger. I just wonder if this is a step in the direction of having an diff VH family member carry the band into 2010 and on. This could just be the start of an apprenticeship that will will turn the band over to the next gen of VH boys. Who know?
Quote by Page&HammettFan
Look at it from the perspective of you're going to see where you guys could all improve when jamming. And if anyone says anything (like the drummer for instance) tell em all the things that they could fix

Well, I'm usually a lot harder on myself than anyone else. Even if I get some great praise, I'll find a way to make it not sound like such a great deal.

I'm simply worried about making mistakes because, in my perfectionist mind, I'm above them (I know I'm not, but for some reason I tell myself I am).
That'll help deliver a better performance to an extent. But you also have to be relaxed when playing, and don't think about what's coming up. That's the worst thing you can do. Is think about an upcoming part. You need to just focus on something else so that you're not worried about what it sounds like. If I'm worried about a part when playing myself, (practicing for when I am in a band, I try to make everything like I would at a gig) I just picture it being a live show and a ton of applause. As weird as that sounds, it really helps. 'Cause you feel (atleast I do) like what you're doing is really being accepted and enjoyed. So when playing, just try to get into a relaxed state.

My parents have a large group/ community of friends some of them are musicians so whenever they play at a big get togather, I can play guitar with them. I played infront of maybe 80 people and just ****ed up, I think it's worse with people you know because of the whole connection thing and I knew most of them. It's getting easier though, I hope to play during a school talent show if my band can get togather. Then paying gigs I could try those now but I don't have a good enough band with me.

Worst thing was when I started crying before I went up, yes crying.
Butterflies in my stomach and stuff and then water, wasn't even sad just nervous.

I just pretend no ones there and i'm jamming in my room.

Imagine a 16 year old crying with a guitar in his hand.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Jan 28, 2007,
Wolfgang plays guitar as well I believe, but he has only been playing bass for how many months now?

I doubt it'll happen (again)...
Quote by Derigiberble
I always feel awkward in front of friends. I always get asked to play guitar but I HATE people thinking I'm showing off at something, so I get really unnerved.

Yeah, I'm a little more awkward in front of friends than at a performance. At a performance it's expected that you play and stuff, but when I'm hanging out with people I don't want to be like "Oh look I can play guitar! Let's watch me!"

Or, the worst is when another of my friends has a guitar and people ask me to play. Then it just looks like I'm showing him up.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
You never know, the kid could be great.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

It would still be better with the original bass player though.
Quote by psychodelia
Yeah, I'm a little more awkward in front of friends than at a performance. At a performance it's expected that you play and stuff, but when I'm hanging out with people I don't want to be like "Oh look I can play guitar! Let's watch me!"

Or, the worst is when another of my friends has a guitar and people ask me to play. Then it just looks like I'm showing him up.

Exactly it's like your showing off, happens to me. That nailed exactly why it's awkward. I have to be asked to play like 10 times before I do.

As for them reuniting, i'm really not sure but on their site they had gigs or something set up I think, probably gone now.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

I have no trouble in "showing off" to my family and friends. It's just if I make it formal, or have a certain expectation, or am uncomfortable with something then I wig out and worry about if I boff it how badly will I? I enjoy playing for crowds when it's just improv. I always ask my dad to get people over to jam. Playing on your own gets boring after a while. Actually my guitar teacher and I were in my lesson yesterday, and he was telling me how to read the bass cleff in sheet. And he also told me (who knew?) that the guitar players used to play the bass line before there was good recording equipment (I think it was something like that atleast). Anyway we were doing a progression, just standard blues, which I'm good at improving. So we ran through the chords together the first time, then he played the bass while I did chords, then I did the bass while he did chords, and he improved a bit, and I was like "ooh this'll be fun!" So he plays the chords for me and improved a bit just because every other time I improved I was using new and very much so unfamiliar scales to me. So I figured this was an opportunity to show him that I didn't exactly sck, like it may have seemed in the past. But he's really cool, very nice guy, he always compliments ya no matter how bad ya sound.

But anyway, to clear my name of the guy who shows off to family and friends I enjoy playing for family and friends because I get to show em how much farther I've come. I literally see these imrpovements and immediately wanna show people because they're such milestones to me. If I write something I like, I always show my dad because he'll tell me if it sucks or not. So it's not bad to wanna play for people. But you don't wanna ask with a cocky attitude. It's more of a would you mind if I played for you guys attitude.

Meh..^^

It was written there months ago, I was all excited and shit but I think it was fake or something...

I can't decide if I'd go see them or not. They have a couple of songs I like, but I don't know if it's enough for me to justify spending the money to see em. I personally think that their covers are much better than their originals too. Thoughts?

I did too but I remember they covered some and I enjoyed em. I don't remember at this moment, I just remember Roth doing a fantastic job on them.