Hey

So I was lying on my bed last night and all of a sudden I got this feeling like there was a lot of blood rushing from my head, I couldn't see preoperly, there was a loud noise in my ears and I couldn't move.

This used to happen to me quite a bit but then one day it stopped, and then last night it happened to me 3 times, and the second time I honestly thought I was gonna die.

I've spoken to a couple of freinds and they get this too, and I was wondering if anyone on UG knew what this was called and what causes it?

Thanks
Last edited by burningcowsrule at Jan 25, 2007,
wtf?!?! Thats messed up!I used to get legs spasm and couldnt move at all but never had anything like what you are describing.You should really talk to your doctor about that.
!BOYCOTT MTV!
Blood pressure issue, ear problem, seizure?

Ask your doctor about it.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
ive heard of somehting like that hapenning to some people with major sleep deficits before, it was on the news once here.
Logos and websites for low prices - pm me

Quote by SideshowRaven24
wow dude way to think innovative. nice plan.
Quote by icon_player_5
that would be awesome if you saw it all the way through, good imagination

Fender Telecaster
60s Epi-Acoustic
Fender Pro-Junior
Boss BD-2
Sleep paralysis. Seems like everyone gets it but me >_<
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
What do you have in common with the others that suffer from this, cause it might be one of a thousand things.
ohh my friend had something like that, it was some name to it... I don't know but it's pressure build up in the drum of the ear, you can get it cleared at the doctor.
Nicolle. Me. Got it?
I know. I have a problem too, my bed's a time machine. When I wake up, it's always a different day! Crazy stuff, no?!
if u tried to get up quickly from laying down u might have low blood pressure because that does affect your vision to, but i don't know about the paralysis thing; but im no doctor
poppers?
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Sleep Paralysis. Wiki it if you want. It's nothing major. Kinda scary sometimes, though.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
i used to have that weird blood pressure thing when i stood up fast now and then and got dizzy but it hasn't happened in a few years.

i'd say your problem is either some kind of sleep disorder or an inner ear problem. just go to a doctor.
Quote by LuckyBoys91
mabey you have an std?

Most definitely... o.O

Does anyone get something where everything seems really loud but there's no sound in the room?
Or when you have a song stuck in your head while you're trying to get to sleep and it seems deafiningly loud when there's still no sound?

I do.

Also, does anybody get something where they feel compelled to reply to other people's posts in forums?

Give up the toad!
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most... - Ozzy Osbourne
Quote by vantage4
i used to have that weird blood pressure thing when i stood up fast now and then and got dizzy but it hasn't happened in a few years.

I get that too, sometimes I, get a pretty bad headache with it and seriously get disorientated and I've fallen on one or 2 occasions
Ok, listen, what your going through is caused by one of the following or the combination:
Substance abuse (including alcohol)
Excessive exposure to high decibel levels (as in do you reherse at concert volume?)
Lack of sleep or sleep deficiencies (lack of REM in you sleep)
Constant exposure to radiation - UV - Gama etc... (sun or anything else you can think of)
Head trauma - do you box?
It's not sleep paralysis, I used to get that, sleep paralysis is lucid dreaming, it's when you know you're asleep.
Quote by mulletman500
I know. I have a problem too, my bed's a time machine. When I wake up, it's always a different day! Crazy stuff, no?!

i'm sorry but that is gonna hafta be sigged
Quote by MiG_853
It's not sleep paralysis, I used to get that, sleep paralysis is lucid dreaming, it's when you know you're asleep.

Actually, sleep paralysis is something that commonly occurs when a person is suddenly awoken from REM sleep.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
From your desription it's almost definitely sleep paralysis. Read the Wiki article on it if you haven't already. Go see a doctor if you disagree and think it's serious

Quote by Gman400
Sleep paralysis. Seems like everyone gets it but me >_<

You realize it is extremely easy to put yourself into SP? It can be consciously induced in less than 15 minutes with no trouble. Anyone can do it; you enter it every single time you go to sleep.
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
Quote by metaldud536
Sleep paralysis.

no i have sleep paralysis and what he is explaining above is NOT sleep paralysis.

drugs. haha
Quote by x/taluha
no i have sleep paralysis and what he is explaining above is NOT sleep paralysis.

Honestly, everything he described are exact symptoms of sleep paralysis, with the possible exceptoin of 'blood rushing from my head'.

Symptoms he desribed, and are they related to SP:

blood rushing to head: maybe, it's differs person to person.
Can't see: yes
Noises: yes
couldn't move: yes
happens as he's trying to go to sleep: yes
fears death: yes

These are all direct symptoms of SP. Explain yourself?

And if you were considering giving me something like 'well I've experienced it, and you haven't', bear in mind that I've been in SP many times, and put myself into it many times. Not trying to get you angry, I'm just curious how you formed your opinion.
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
Last edited by iain4444 at Jan 25, 2007,
This thread reminded me of what happened not last night but the night before. I was having a dream where my eyes were tightly closed and i really had to struggle to open them. It was actually literally physically taking a toll on me so i just let them be shut. When I did open them though I could see the dream a swell as hear it. With my eyes shut however the dream seemed so much more real and less distorted. It was pretty cool. I figured I was dreaming so I tried to open my eyes using various lucidity techniques but it didn't work. The only time that's ever happened to me..
Quote by kamakasi bat
wtf?!?! Thats messed up!I used to get legs spasm and couldnt move at all but never had anything like what you are describing.You should really talk to your doctor about that.

somethings wrong with you if you dont get leg spasm at least every now and then
idk wtfs wrong with you though(threadstarter)