Pick downwards.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Ya, rest your pick against the string you want to play, then push it towards the floor, and try to only hit that one string. After you get good at it, then you dont have to rest your pick on it. You can just attack the string.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Johnny Ramone-Master of downpicking. Refer to live ramones videos on youtube to understand more. lol.
Quote by Sid Vicouis
Johnny Ramone-Master of downpicking. Refer to live ramones videos on youtube to understand more. lol.

Well most all guitarists are masters of downpicking. It is the most simple technique there is when it comes to guitar. Without it you will not get anywhere (not to belittle threadstarter). And Johnny Ramone was not a very talented guitarist. Sure his music is sweet, but pretty crappy guitar player.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by justin_fraser
Well most all guitarists are masters of downpicking. It is the most simple technique there is when it comes to guitar. Without it you will not get anywhere (not to belittle threadstarter). And Johnny Ramone was not a very talented guitarist. Sure his music is sweet, but pretty crappy guitar player.

LOL i love this, i almost sigged it. and he's right,johnny wasn't the best, but he did have a penchant for writing catchy 4 chord songs. and yes, downpicking, its how most people start out playing guitar, just picking in a downward motion towards the floor (or ceiling if you happen to be standing on your head)
ok i've been doin that before i started this.i just thought od downpicking as regular picking not dwn picking