Page 1 of 2
sorry if this has been made already, but this is only partially about the show

I personally love the show, but also I might be going down to Miami over spring break

Has anyone ever been to the shop? And is it really expensive? It seems like it would be even more expensive than your average shop due to the excellent level of talent.

What do you guys think? Feel free to discuss the show if you want, its awesome!
Meh. It's a kind of stupid idea for a show.

"People. People....drawing on other people."

...."Genius."
Last edited by RawrDemon at Jan 25, 2007,
i love that show. and yeah, i would assume its pretty expensive- their tattoos are amazing
Quote by mr. cool
popapez fucking knows every thing from how to touch a girl right to how to speak spanish
Quote by Smokey Amp
Popapez can shred0rz the acoustic guitar
Quote by search49
In the Pit, generally only the things that popapez said were worthwhile. You're a goddess, darling.
If your planning on getting a tattoo, then better get it somewhere else,I heard there is a huge waiting list.
Personally i wouldnt get tattooed in a shop which is all out in the open where containation could happen and where they let lemurs and dogs roam freely.
But yes I do like the show.
Am I the only one who watches that show and thinks "God, I'd hate to get a toatoo off these guys...."

They suck. Let's be right about it. There's the bald dude who can only draw goldfish, the useless japanese guitarist, the chick who can't colour in, and a couple other guys no one cares about.

And you aren't allowed to get a tatoo there unless it's all meaningful and crap. They'll change the cool design you had, to involve some rubbish with your dead grandad's memorial over the house your mother was born in or something...

Don't get me wrong, when you get ink, you don't wanna regret it. But if you go in with a wad of cash, you wanna have what YOU want put on your arm, and you want it done GOOD. It's YOU who has it on your skin for the rest of your life.

But I like the show. The show is cool. It's interesting in that odd way, like American Chopper.
Last edited by Vermintide at Jan 25, 2007,
I think they got so cocky. Same thing with american choppers, like remember the beginning of both of these shows when it was the original 3 guys or w/e....now on american chopper theres liek 10000 people and like 1240234 different shops and they have a video game, and theyre own cologne...like gimme a break hahahaha.
But yea the same thing is happenening to miami ink, selling out bigtime

Oh yea, and to the threadstarter, Theres a HUGE waiting list, my bud was down there and tried....didnt work. Its not like you can just walk in....they have like a person at the door to see if u have an appointment......its like hardcore
Quote by Chungavelli
I know this Jewish guy who pierced his asshole.
Quote by volcomgrifter
I think they got so cocky. Same thing with american choppers, like remember the beginning of both of these shows when it was the original 3 guys or w/e....now on american chopper theres liek 10000 people and like 1240234 different shops and they have a video game, and theyre own cologne...like gimme a break hahahaha.
But yea the same thing is happenening to miami ink, selling out bigtime

Yup, OCC sold out. Theres an OCC shop in my local town market FFS. That's Morley, near Leeds, England. No-one has heard of the place outside Yorkshire, but it has a fecking OCC shop. WTF?
i also think its werid becasue they JUST do tattoos, they dont do piercing or scarification it seems to me like they arent really all that qauilfiyed.
Quote by dio5288
sorry if this has been made already, but this is only partially about the show

I personally love the show, but also I might be going down to Miami over spring break

Has anyone ever been to the shop? And is it really expensive? It seems like it would be even more expensive than your average shop due to the excellent level of talent.

What do you guys think? Feel free to discuss the show if you want, its awesome!

i go there all the time....but u can't go inside unless u want a tatoo or something
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Quote by Vermintide
And you aren't allowed to get a tatoo there unless it's all meaningful and crap. They'll change the cool design you had, to involve some rubbish with your dead grandad's memorial over the house your mother was born in or something...

Don't get me wrong, when you get ink, you don't wanna regret it. But if you go in with a wad of cash, you wanna have what YOU want put on your arm, and you want it done GOOD. It's YOU who has it on your skin for the rest of your life.

umm...so what you're saying is, JUST AS AN EXAMPLE if you really liked hello kitty and wanted a tattoo of it that you drew really poorly for no other reason than you really like it, you wouldn't regret it after you didn't like it anymore? basically the same thing.

and i'm sure they don't turn people down just because the tattoo is meaningless, they just don't air those ones. if they only got as much business as they showed on tv, they wouldn't be making much.

you want it done good of course, so are you gonna want your shitty drawing or a professional's drawing on you forever?

They suck. Let's be right about it. There's the bald dude who can only draw goldfish, the useless japanese guitarist, the chicick who can't colour in, and a couple other guys no one cares about.

so yeah, you're basically dumb.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Quote by t3hrav3n

Be that as it may, I have seen much more impressive tattoos coming from the kind of shady little shop you'd never even go near. Why are these guys on air, when all they are is basically mediocre?

EDIT: Also, maybe you fail to grasp that I exaggerate a lot, and am quite often sarcastic. I know they have talent. But come on, that guy DOES do lots of fish.
Quote by t3hrav3n
umm...so what you're saying is, JUST AS AN EXAMPLE if you really liked hello kitty and wanted a tattoo of it that you drew really poorly for no other reason than you really like it, you wouldn't regret it after you didn't like it anymore? basically the same thing.

and i'm sure they don't turn people down just because the tattoo is meaningless, they just don't air those ones. if they only got as much business as they showed on tv, they wouldn't be making much.

you want it done good of course, so are you gonna want your shitty drawing or a professional's drawing on you forever?

haha ironic im getting a hello kitty tattoo
Quote by Vermintide
Be that as it may, I have seen much more impressive tattoos coming from the kind of shady little shop you'd never even go near. Why are these guys on air, when all they are is basically mediocre?

mediocre? hardly, i'd like to see you do better and be more successful.

why? they got lucky.
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Quote by t3hrav3n
mediocre? hardly, i'd like to see you do better and be more successful.

why? they got lucky.

And out comes the Greenday philosophy.
Quote by x/taluha
haha ironic im getting a hello kitty tattoo

for the love of God, don't. any of the things you could pick and you picked that? it's not even popular anymore, jeez.
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
yeah i agree with vermintide my tattoo artist is way better then anyone from miami ink

edit
Quote by t3hrav3n
for the love of God, don't. any of the things you could pick and you picked that? it's not even popular anymore, jeez.

its my body for one and ive like hello kitty ever since i was little. i have hello kitty everything i can do whatever i want. and i could careless if it is popular or not.
Quote by Vermintide
And out comes the Greenday philosophy.

people like them, they got lucky, so they're popular. (referring to both green day and the miami ink crew) people will become famous regardless if they're good or not.

however, the miami ink guys are good, and i doubt you can really give me a real reason to the contrary.
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Quote by x/taluha
its my body for one and ive like hello kitty ever since i was little. i have hello kitty everything i can do whatever i want. and i could careless if it is popular or not.

so you'll still like hello kitty when you're 80 and hello kitty is hardly visible anymore under your skin flaps?
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Quote by t3hrav3n
so you'll still like hello kitty when you're 80 and hello kitty is hardly visible anymore under your skin flaps?

yeah i already have 2 other tattoos.

you are a prick.
Quote by x/taluha
yeah i already have 2 other tattoos.

you are a prick.

i'm not against them at all, i want some, but i don't want you to regret having a cartoon cat somewhere on you years from now.
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Quote by t3hrav3n
people like them, they got lucky, so they're popular. (referring to both green day and the miami ink crew) people will become famous regardless if they're good or not.

however, the miami ink guys are good, and i doubt you can really give me a real reason to the contrary.

Your first sentence doesn't really make sense. Using the argument "You couldn't do better" or "You're not as popular" is irrelevant, as I'm only trying to say they aren't the most skilled artist around. Hence the "Greenday Philosophy"

Second of all, as I have stated, I'm not disputing their skill, just they could be of much higher calibre. The show is working like one great advert for a mediocre crew. They could be showing much better.

Plus, even if they did just do the ones they aired, they'd still make lots of cash from the programmes, and the merchandise I think you can now get.
Quote by t3hrav3n
i'm not against them at all, i want some, but i don't want you to regret having a cartoon cat somewhere on you years from now.

okay first of all mother obviously i have thought about this i dont take tattoos lightly.

and second, you dont need to be saying this to me. the "cartoon cat" means alot to me.

i have and when i say everything i mean EVERYTHING hello kitty.
oh, but sir...
Quote by Vermintide
They suck. Let's be right about it. There's the bald dude who can only draw goldfish, the useless japanese guitarist, the chick who can't colour in, and a couple other guys no one cares about.

you are indeed disputing their skill.

and i never said they they're the best, but they are good.

EDIT: yeah, i could have worded that first sentence better. what i meant to say was: they are liked by people and got lucky enough to be put on the air. these two reasons are the reasons for their popularity

EDITAGAIN:
Quote by x/taluha
okay first of all mother obviously i have thought about this i dont take tattoos lightly.

and second, you dont need to be saying this to me. the "cartoon cat" means alot to me.

i have and when i say everything i mean EVERYTHING hello kitty.

fine, do what you will, it's not like i can stop you.
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Last edited by t3hrav3n at Jan 25, 2007,
Quote by t3hrav3n
oh, but sir...

you are indeed disputing their skill.

and i never said they they're the best, but they are good.

Ah, fair enough. I call the sarcasm and exaggeration card, as I mentioned earlier, lol.

All my points are valid, but the initial post was quite exaggerated, I'll give you that. I'm just pointing out what I think are their weaknesses, but in a sarcastic way.

If you know me IRL, when I slag people off, I'm usually just making fun (Such as referring to Dave Mustard Stain, or Kirk Ham Head, or Kerry King's confusion over hair. His is upside down, you see.)

Edit: You can't deny the Japanese guy's uselessness. He just sweeps up, and brings the tracing paper
Quote by Vermintide
Ah, fair enough. I call the sarcasm and exaggeration card, as I mentioned earlier, lol.

All my points are valid, but the initial post was quite exaggerated, I'll give you that. I'm just pointing out what I think are their weaknesses, but in a sarcastic way.

If you know me IRL, when I slag people off, I'm usually just making fun (Such as referring to Dave Mustard Stain, or Kirk Ham Head)

i believe that's what i call "touche"

at least we can halfway agree on something. ;P
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Quote by t3hrav3n
i believe that's what i call "touche"

at least we can halfway agree on something. ;P

Indeed. Nice arguing with you my friend
OK for the jack off who said they are mediocre and "Why are they on air?".

Chris Garver is one of the best tattoo artists when it comes to dragons and medieval fantasy.

Ami James is one of the best when it comes to Japanese and and Asian designs.

Kat Von D is by far the best portrait tattoo artist.

The other three arent really all that special, but they still do good work. But the main three are honestly the best in their fields of expertise. Dont be pissy cause you either (a) cant afford a tattoo by them or (b) are one of those self righteous pricks who thinks tattoos are for trashy people.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
OK for the jack off who said they are mediocre and "Why are they on air?".

Chris Garver is one of the best tattoo artists when it comes to dragons and medieval fantasy.

Ami James is one of the best when it comes to Japanese and and Asian designs.

Kat Von D is by far the best portrait tattoo artist.

The other three arent really all that special, but they still do good work. But the main three are honestly the best in their fields of expertise. Dont be pissy cause you either (a) cant afford a tattoo by them or (b) are one of those self righteous pricks who thinks tattoos are for trashy people.

first off there are millions of tattoo artists around the world.

i want you to see all of them and then tell me that there is no one better then the people of miami ink.
Quote by x/taluha

i want you to see all of them and then tell me that there is no one better then the people of miami ink.

PWNT
Quote by x/taluha

though he said "one of the best" rather than "the best", you did indeed pwnt him good.

EDIT: said "one of the best" for 2 out of 3 of them anyway. i think he might be a fanboy, though...
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Last edited by t3hrav3n at Jan 25, 2007,
kat is hot as hell. i wanna tattoo my dick on her ass, if you know what i mean.
#DTWD
Dude, I was a tattoo artist for quite a while before I started building guitars and I've been to quite a few tattoo conventions around the US. I would say that those three are three of the best.

Yeah theres other good tattoo artists in the world. Quite a few in Texas too; guys such as Gill 'The Drill' Monty and Randy Adams are two names that come into my mind right now. But for what they do the three from Miami Ink are pretty damn good. Thats why they have a hit show.

BTW, if you think you "pwnt" me your a dumb sh*t. You never said anything that was truely "pwn" worthy ass hole.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
Dude, I was a tattoo artist for quite a while before I started building guitars and I've been to quite a few tattoo conventions around the US. I would say that those three are three of the best.

Yeah theres other good tattoo artists in the world. Quite a few in Texas too; guys such as Gill 'The Drill' Monty and Randy Adams are two names that come into my mind right now. But for what they do the three from Miami Ink are pretty damn good. Thats why they have a hit show.

BTW, if you think you "pwnt" me your a dumb sh*t. You never said anything that was truely "pwn" worthy ass hole.

okay dumbass i never said that dont shit your pants

and just becasue you went to a tattoo convention doesnt mean you've seen every single tattoo artist out there dont think your such a hot shot buddy
Quote by LuthierofTexas

If those are three of the best, then I'm quite delusional about the standard of tatoos. If those guys are the best out there, I'm never gonna get a tattoo. I want it to look awesome for years to come, instead of spotting more things I dislike every time I lift my shirt.

And he did pwn you. You came in all big and "Oh aye they're great", and he shot you down calm and cool. Don't shout and swear, you don't seem a big man over the internet. You just seem silly. Calling me a jack off will get you nowhere either. You will note I feel no need to use such insults.
Quote by LuthierofTexas

shut up...just shut up, make another guitar before my idea in my head of you is lessened...
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
If you dont want to see things you dislike in your tattoos every time you look at them, then dont get a tattoo. Plain and simple. Tattoos fade over time. Little details fade. Your gain a few punds and put stretch marks into the center of your tat. Thats life. Thats just something you deal with when you get a tattoo.

Its easy for you to sit back and say something looks like sh*t on your tv screen but have you actually seen any of these guys work in real life??

And no. No one in here has shot me down, moron.
Page 1 of 2