i have a olp mm2 and i think the two knobs are bass and treble so i turn them both up?
but i dunno about midranges?
I recall an accuantance telling me he got his punk sound by having super low action, and light, light strings.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by thyowen
i have a olp mm2 and i think the two knobs are bass and treble so i turn them both up?
but i dunno about midranges?

Crank those mofos up, and do the same on your amp.

These are just suggestions, use these suggestions, and then tinker around a bit.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Thank you Bumper.

It's good to see some of us still realize the awesome power that is the search button.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by Will_Minus
I recall an accuantance telling me he got his punk sound by having super low action, and light, light strings.

I have my Bass setup like that, exept it has super thick strings. The fret buzz makes a very trbly fretless sound!

It sounds cool!
Quote by Fast_Bear
I have my Bass setup like that, exept it has super thick strings. The fret buzz makes a very trbly fretless sound!

It sounds cool!

How does the fret buzz give it a fretless sound? They dont get fret buzz

And to the threadstarter, crank the mids and highs on your amp and back off the lows
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
^No it isn't. The word fretbuzz is defined as the noise that occurs when your strings rattle against the frets higher on the neck than the fret you are playing. Fretless basses can not get fretbuzz. I don't think you know what you're talking about, at all. I don't know how anyone could misconstrue the tone that the high string give off when played in an upper register on a fretless as fretbuzz.
You cant get fretbuzz if there are no frets to buzz
Quote by Bumper

What amp do you have?
Quote by Bumper

Does it have a graphic EQ? If it does, push the sliders into a kind of sad face shape and you should get a pretty punky tone, also turn up the treble knob and keep the bass knob around half way
Quote by Bumper

Whilst the eq is important, fresh strings are even more important. You want to use roundwound strings and I've heard regular or light guage are the best to use. Here's one of my songs doing pop-punk sort of style and I think I may have got the hang of it http://soundcloud.com/merceroliver/nice-guy-eddie-the-x-ploitation-factor

I'm using a line 6 pod x3 for the guitars and then using guitar rig 4 to get a realistic cab sound as the line 6 cab emulation sucks.

I don't have a bass amp and I live in an apartment so I can't crank anything up when I record. Good luck mate!
why do people insist on necro-bumping things.....lol :P
My Setup:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass,
Fender USA Jazz Bass
Hartke LH1000,
Hartke Hydrive 410,
Sansamp BDDI,
Electro-harmonix Black Finger Compressor.