How do I get my CD Drive to open? I put a DVD in there, and it said it was blank, when it isnt, and now, whenever I press the button to pull it out, it just doesnt do anything. I also tried clicking eject in My Computer, but that didnt do anything either. Is there any way to manually open the drive, or any other way to try and open the drive from my computer?
Open up the side of your Box and check the connections. See if any of those pegs are bent.
There must be a little hole somewhere on the front panel. Put a needle or something in there and it will open. It's the override button.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Quote by Cynoxx
There must be a little hole somewhere on the front panel. Put a needle or something in there and it will open. It's the override button.

Yup. Use a paper clip.

Alternatively, you could find a free .exe that will open your CD Drive.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp
Yup. Use a paper clip.

Alternatively, you could find a free .exe that will open your CD Drive.

Damn, theres only one of those holes, and it opens up the other drive, but not the one thats stuck.
Quote by Dæmönika
Switch the computer off then start it up again. Or, as Zuka said, check the connections inside the machine.

I have a feeling he skipped our advice.
Quote by Zuka
I have a feeling he skipped our advice.

I really couldn't give a shit, to be honest. I have the blue type and all, yet no one notices any advice. As soon as I slag someone off...
Quote by Cynoxx

Well I never knew that.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by Dæmönika
I really couldn't give a shit, to be honest. I have the blue type and all, yet no one notices any advice. As soon as I slag someone off...

I'd type in some magenta shade, but I think it'd get annoying to have to change the color all the time.
try a hammer
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
Quote by GiantRaven
Well, for starters you shouldnt have put a DVD into your CD drive...

Yeah I was going to say that. Until he identified that it's a cd/dvd drive.
It would still open if he put a DVD in a CD drives... Look harder for that hole! It has to be ON the drive that jammed.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Quote by Dæmönika

Dont worry, I saw it. I just dont like restarting my computer because its a peice of shit and it takes 10 minutes for it to start running again. Eventually I did that though, and it worked, so thanks.
Quote by thetoastinator
Dont worry, I saw it. I just dont like restarting my computer because its a peice of shit and it takes 10 minutes for it to start running again. Eventually I did that though, and it worked, so thanks.

Restarting your computer is the first thing you should try (and possibly the solution) in almost every situation when there's a problem with your computer.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."