It would make the strings tighter. And more likely to break.

If you really wanted to you could loosen the tension.

Edit: Acoustic or Electric?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Ideally you would use a capo for that.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
I have heard you could snap the neck and I believe it. With standard tuning there is 100 Pounds or more of tension on the neck...or so I have heard...but a Capo would be much easer.
While I don't know the math exactly, I really doubt the neck would snap. If you're using 12s, i can't imagine the increase in tension would be any different then putting 13s on it. If you are looking to avoid a truss rod adjustment, I would just tune it back down to standard after you are done playing.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
pffffft . . . . . . snap the neck . . . . I don't think so

Do you know what lateral force would be need to snap the neck? The strings would snap LONG before the neck would
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
Last edited by DJaye at Jan 26, 2007,
Ya just buy a capo. So much more easier. And practical.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help