Iv'e heard people say they dont like his style and all that but i just wanna hear from the bassists what you guys think. I think he's no Dirk Lance but he's not terrible. Thoughts?
Well, the clock says it's time to close now
I guess I'd better go now
I'd really like to stay here all night.
He does an ok job with Incubus. Dirk Lance was soooo much better tho. Unfortunately the music got too sissy for Dirk. I dont listen to new Incubus, its just not the same. I miss Dirk too much.
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
Yes, he's no Dirk. Far from it in fact.

But that doesn't mean I'm not going to listen to Incubus. I like them a lot, and sure, Kenney isn't amazing, but he gets the job done and he can hold a decent groove.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
I think Kenney is quite talented. I like his lines, and his work. Sure, he doesn't slap like Dirk did, but I don't think he's that style of player. I think he's a great replacement. Dirk, although quite talented, seemed a little pretentious about his abilities, whereas I've always thought Incubus was a band that was more about the sound as a whole, rather than having one member stick out and dictate the direction of the music. So yes, I highly approve of Ben.
hopefully I get to meet him Tuesday...
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Luckyyyyyy, you wouldn't happen to know when Incubus is coming to NY would you Dan?
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
they're probably already sold out. Infact definately because this tour isn't stadiums, its all small venues - I'm not seeing them at TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, I'm seeing them at the Avalon.

they're going on Wednesday to NY. lol
http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/741166
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
I'm of the opinion he played better in the Roots than any of his work with incubus.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
He's alright. nothing brilliant, preferred dirk for obvious reasons
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
^yeah, ben's better for the "sissy" intro-verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus stuff. Dirk was just amazing. Have you ever noticed how similar Dirk, P-Nut, and Ryan Martinie are? I mean, yeah they have different styles, but still, very similar in a way. I think when you buy a warwick, it eats some part of your soul and makes you that much cooler by default.

Back on subject, I preferred Ben with the Roots. He's got some neat groove stuff with Incubus, but as it has been said, he's no Dirk.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
You can't compare Ben's bass playing in incubus to the Roots stuff. Simply because he played GUITAR in the Roots. Not bass.

His style in incubus is defenitly growing on me, but I still prefer Alex.

-Dan, how close are you to Boston? I'm going to be in Bean-town on thursday for an audition.
i hate ben kenney before, but after listening to the new incubus songs his playings just grew onto me. i really think he's great but he can't be compared to my hero, dirk lance.
I got 99 problems and they all bitches