I got an Epiphone SG, and the pickups sound alittle hot. Sorta like it has alittle reverb to it i guess thats how to describe it. I was wondering if anyone knew how to solve this problem. Thank A Million.
You can tell me how much you paid for it and what you do and dont love about it, because I was thinking about buying one.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
is it a epi g-400, g-310, g-400 custom, g-400 vintage, g-400 deluxe?
Gear:
Epiphone SG Vintage
Digitech RP 100A
Kustom Quad 100 DFX
Washburn D10S Deluxe (electric acoustic)
its a G-400 and i paid 350 for it... the one i was playing sounded amazing but the bastard gave me one in a box without me realizing it. :/
Quote by alxthexkiller33
its a G-400 and i paid 350 for it... the one i was playing sounded amazing but the bastard gave me one in a box without me realizing it. :/

Guitar with reverb , im thinking its your amp.

What amp did you test it with and what are you playing it through at home?

Major sound difference?
What amp did you test it with and what are you playing it through at home?

Exactly the same thought crossed my mind!

And you should be happy you got a new guitar in a box, rather than the display model that's had god knows how many grubby fingers all over it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
haha thnk god! i played it on a marshall at the shop but at home... you dont wanna know lmao. Just a little 35w Crate. i was hoping it was just my amp. (: im sorta new with the tech aspect of guitars. speaking of amps... i need a new one. i just recently joined a band and im lookin for a nice amp for a far price.

sorry for my stupid question. rotfl
Quote by steven seagull
Exactly the same thought crossed my mind!

And you should be happy you got a new guitar in a box, rather than the display model that's had god knows how many grubby fingers all over it.

HAHAHA yeah true... i didnt think of it that way. the last time i bought a guitar from there i kinda got screwed. so yeah.
Yea it's most likely the amp. you're playing a solid state which will never do any guitar justice. But just to be sure, you could take the guitar to a tech or adjust the pickup height some. If the p-ups are too close to the strings then they can sound shrilling, reverby, or have feedback.
Rolling Stones October 8th.....hell yea
Quote by fredthecat
"Hot" refers to the output of the pickups and has nothing to do with reverb.

i know that... i was referring to how it sounded. like not an actual reverb to it.

anyways, thank for the help from the ppl that did. its greatly appriecated.