how do i get teh same sound as tim from ratm?
Do you, you, feel like I do?
get his gear?
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
You don't. Unless you have a shitload of money and an inside man on the Audioslave tour.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
find a picture of his gear and buy it. or just buy a pedal.
i cant think of a good sig....
You don't. His rig is a heavily guarded secret. I believe he made his own overdrive pedal, and at one point I read an interview where he said that he's made so many adjustments to his amp that he would never just give them out.

Link to the Interview
Last edited by TheHobbes at Jan 25, 2007,
He uses/has used..

Heads
-Ampeg SVT Pro-2 (several running simultaneously, one dirty, one clean, and one slightly dirty, all to 3 seperate cabs)
-Ashdown ABM 500RC EVO
-Mesa M-Pulse 600

Cabs
-Ampeg SVT 810
-Ampeg SVT 410

Basses
-Various Jazz basses, his favorite was one with pickups he re-wound himself. However he smashed that bass and as far as I know, hasn't been able to re-create that sound from those pickups since.

Effects
-Jimi Hendrix Octaver/Fuzz
-2 Different Dunlop wahs controlled by a 2x4 across the pedals
-A home-made distortion pedal he built from an old wah pedal

Plus, his settings he keeps top secret. He's worked on his tone and settings for years and isn't about to give the secret away.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Yeah, and he used a MusicMan early on, until he discovered the Jazz, and feel in love with the feel of it.
I'm pretty sure that the Jazz is fretless, or maybe he just recently switched to fretless when audioslave was formed.
Quote by thunderbritches
I'm pretty sure that the Jazz is fretless, or maybe he just recently switched to fretless when audioslave was formed.

Don't believe so.
Mmk, I just found the article i was looking for that had his rig

Basses:
Fender Jazz w/custom wound pickups

Amps:
3 Ampeg SVT-2 PRO heads
Ampeg 8x10(clean tone)
2 Ampeg 4x10(overdriven)
2 Ampeg B-100R combos
Ampeg B-15 flip-top

Effects:
Aphex Punch Factory
MXR Micro Amp
2 Dunlop Crybaby 105Q bass wahs
Various homemade stompboxes

Strings:
Ernie Ball .045 - .105
He used a MusicMan Stingray on the first RATM album. For me that's the best Timmy C tone. The Jazz bass sounded pretty good on Evil Empire though.
I agree about the first album. He says in that article I posted that he was most pleased with his Evil Empire tone
His tone on Evil Empire was by far the best bass tone I've ever heard. It is in fact the reason I started playing bass.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
I'm don't know an amazing amount about his rig, but I do know he re-wound his own pickups and I believe he customised a lot of the electronics as well. He uses a lot of home-made stuff, so it would be difficult to match his tone. My favourite part of his rig is the two wahs that he plays simulataneously with the aid of a 2x4 and some duct tape, what a genius.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
He used a custom bass. It was a Fender Jazz with a left handed P-bass neck, and pickups he wound himself. As far as why he used the lefty neck, it gave more tension on the lower string, and since they played a lot in drop D, it was more comfortable.

I don't know much about his rig otherwise, except that he runs at least two cabs, one being clean and the other dirty, and he uses his own homemade distortion pedal. More might be done to his bass than meets the eye, too. He also had a custom-cut pickguard which he made himself (?), but I don't think that's very relevant to his sound.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha