so i got my interface plugged in and my mic plugged into that and audacity's up, so i hit record and the track thing starts moving, but no sound is being produced. why can't i record?
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
i Think I might know what your talking about. Your trying to RECORD right? And you want what's already RECORDED to PLAY AS YOU RECORD right?

If that is what you want, go to edit --> Preferences

Then there's a checkbox in the bottom of this new window saying something like "play back track while recording"

And presto!

Hope I can help
Quote by sharpshot
i Think I might know what your talking about. Your trying to RECORD right? And you want what's already RECORDED to PLAY AS YOU RECORD right?

If that is what you want, go to edit --> Preferences

Then there's a checkbox in the bottom of this new window saying something like "play back track while recording"

And presto!

Hope I can help

Do that^ and also check your recording input in that same preferences menu. Make sure the recording input is set to whatever interface you are using, not your computer's soundcard/mic input. And what interface are you using?
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
alesis io2 interface. i'm plugging in an sm57 and connecting it via usb. the thing i'm saying is that, there is no sound being produced at all. i mic my amp and play the guitar, and no sound is being picked up into the computer.
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
Do you have the right recording source chosen? It's the drop down menu on the right of the volume slider. You might have to choose "line in" if your interface is going into your PC's line in, even though you are using a mic.
Quote by VR2005
Very good post Marmoseti, you're on the right track.

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

PM Marmoseti or Confusius to join