I need help in finding a pickup that would suit my style of music. since im a noob i don't know much about what pickups would suit me, so i dont wanna buy one that doesnt't achieve a useful sound. I have a epi les paul plain top and i play through a Hot Rod Deluxe. i kinnd want a good garage rock sound, kinnda like the hives, strokes, international noise conspirecy, vines. any and all feed back would be helpful in the decision making process.
Price range?

I say get yourself some BlackDog BKP's (hey hey mama ). If you want more ballsy tone, get yourself mules (my personal pick up) Great pick up, very clear and it really is ballsy, has alot of mid end tone.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Powered By Lace pickups are very good and inexpensive, but I don't think they really deliver that "garage" sound.

hmmm...

Probably some of the Seymour Duncans would do well. JB in the bridge and a Pealy Gates in the neck or something...
^ many people dislike SD JBs because they're really treble high and harsh sounding.

If going for Seymour Duncan, I would suggest a Custom 5 for bridge, and either '59 or Jazz for neck, depending on what you like.

That can do most kinds of rock, imo. Might not be quite what you're looking for though.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
im kinnda looking for a sound like the liberines song horror show. and as far as budget goes I think i could go as high as about 250.
^Do you live in the US or the UK?

If US, then BKP is out of the question.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
yah I live in the U.S. so i guess those pickups are out of the question. so anyone else got any good pickups.
you might like the stuff at www.swineshead.com
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce