Anyone know a good half stack to buy? I'm a fan of marshalls but the only marshall i could afford are the mg 100 half stack....anyone got suggestions? I play mostly like classic rock and sometimes a lil heavier

i have an mg 10 watt and it sounds like crap
Quote by silhouettica
in my opinion, the only reason that dean and BC Rich guitars are so popular is because the people who play only want them for the pointy parts to stab people (such as their singer, or that guy from fall out boy)
Last edited by EMGibanez at Jan 25, 2007,
If you like the sound of your current MG, then buy it. Its probably just the same thing but louder
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
All of the MGs sound exactly the same, whether its the 10watt one or the 250watt one. So, if you like your little MG combo, then cool. But for the price of a new MG halfstack you can get a decent tube combo...which is better in the long run.
then what tube combo would you suggest?
Quote by silhouettica
in my opinion, the only reason that dean and BC Rich guitars are so popular is because the people who play only want them for the pointy parts to stab people (such as their singer, or that guy from fall out boy)
For classic rock? The Peavey ValveKing is an awesome amp for classic stuff. To name just one of many.
Ashdown Fallen Angel half stack (All Tube) or Fallen Angel Combo(all Tube)
Quote by Zimwibwe
Ashdown Fallen Angel half stack (All Tube) or Fallen Angel Combo(all Tube)

x2, brilliant amps
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
another vote for ValveKing.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by kurdtkobaign
For classic rock? The Peavey ValveKing is an awesome amp for classic stuff. To name just one of many.

peavey windsor is quite a bit cheaper than the valveking. And has more versatility imo.