There's this guy selling a marshall valvestate head with a ampeg 100 watt 4x12 cab for 250. is this worth it because this sounds like a good deal but i don't know if this amp sucks or not. so anyone got any idea if this is a buy or a pass on my part.
I'm guessing the tubes are blown or something like that.
Wait, is this full tube or one of those AVT jobs?
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Valvestate is pretty decent to good for metal, but I havent heard it do anything else.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
I don't know if its all tube or AVT because the ad doesn't say, but im guessing AVT because its only 250$
Nope, not a tube amp
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
In all honesty, I really dont know. Check out some reviews at Harmony Central or something. As I said, Ive only heard it do metal
Board:
The cab alone is worth the 250 dollars. Buy it if for no other reason then to resell it for a profit.

If it is an AVT you can probably fetch 3-400 bucks for it. Then keep the cab and get a real all tube head.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
but what if it can't sell it and i get stuck with it. and are you sure the head will go for 3-400 bucks.
It does acdc metal ok, nuttin else. Its useless without a distortion pedal. The cleans are descent. I have the valvestate 65 watt combo. Its a hybrid with tube in preamp, not true tube amp. Hope this helps.
Never argue with and idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience!
Quote by flexbuffchest
It does acdc metal ok, nuttin else. Its useless without a distortion pedal. The cleans are descent. I have the valvestate 65 watt combo. Its a hybrid with tube in preamp, not true tube amp. Hope this helps.

imo it sounds good doing harder stuff too.
Board:
i use a valvestate 8100 with a metal zone + danelectro eq pedal to play stuff like killswitch. but like someone said, get it for the cab alone... and see if you like the head.
How can you people comment on an amp when you have no idea what model it is?
The old valvestates like the 8100 and the vh100 are real good amps.
But the mg's and the avt's aren't as good.
got a Marshall Valvestate 8080 bought it for 150 euro (200 dollar)... cleaned the bitch, and put new screws and nuts in it, it just needs some attention and cleaning up, but it's worth it. Just listen to it before you buy it, mess around with the gain/volume (less gain, more volume/less volume, more gain) and the EQ.... just try to find that sound you want before you'll buy it. A suitable amp is always worth the money
-------------------------------------------------
- Fender Strat (1988, Japan)
- Epiphone Les Paul (2008, Korea,)
- Epiphone Sheraton (1988, Korea)
- Morgan WG20GEN (2003, Norway)
and some stuff non-used stuff for sale/trade in the Netherlands
If I am correct, the Valve states have one Preamp tube in them.

I would buy it, especially for that price.
High as tits
for that price, go for it, but you won't be getting 3-400 for the head. more like 150-250. It's totally worth it for the cab, though.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
The cab's worth that much easily, but I wouldn't bother 'cause the head's pretty crap.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
If it's all in good working order then it's worth it. Try it before handing over any cash though coz at that price it's probably in a pretty tired state (or stolen).
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Quote by ssdelpino
yah i assumed that, but is it worth the 250$ or should i just pass on it.

Even if it's an AVT, an AVT100 is a decent deal at that price, the cab is worth that much alone and even if you hate the AVT, when you buy a tube head you've got something decent to play it through for a good price.

I'd get it, personally.