Because music is a way for people to express themselves and taking out words is unfair on the artist.

Edit: ^^ damn, you beat me!
The key to good essay writing is hooking them with moral issues they can't denounce for fear of being fired.
1st amendment if you're a yank
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
Quote by guitarplayer90
I already have the freedom of speech/expression arguement. That only counts as one. Im having trouble coming up w/ the other 2.

you could counter the argument that it is protecting children by saying that that is their parents job, and not the government's job
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
violates 1st ammendment, censorship can harm the sales of artists, the female that founded music censorship is a douche bag

i've done like 2 reports on music censorship but they were like 2 years ago i just remember using those 2 points
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Tha' Get Away Driva' of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Quote by guitarplayer90
I am writing a paper for my english class. Its due tomorrow. I am writing an anti music censorship paper. I need three reasons for why I'm against it. Could you guys help me come up with some.

I suggest you google for Frank Zappa's activism against censorship in music. He was very strongly against it and appeared on TV several times to defend his point of view. At the very least, watch his appearance on the 80s debate show Crossfire, you can find it on youtube. He has some strong arguments in that debate, and does some serious pwning.

Just some of my favorite quotes from this debate:

Lofton: "What do you mean, it amuses you... i don't see you smiling"
Zappa: "Why would i be smiling when i'm sitting here with you?"

Zappa: "I like him more than i like you. Does that give you a rough idea of what's going on here?"

Lofton: "How much money have you made peddling this filth?"
Zappa: "Millions of dollars, mister Lofton. Millions of dollars."

It's also good to name a few controversial examples of songs/bands/artists that were censored heavily and how censorship policies changed throughout the history of music.
And also, not everyone that listens to music is a child.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Play I Cum Blood from a boombox while giving your report and say that your report would not have had the same effect had the song been censored. Make sure you give them all papers with the lyrics on them.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.