Page 1 of 90
Alright, there are a few Behemoth threads floating around, but not good enough for a band of such stature, imo. Excellent metal band, and new CD in a few months, which gives us plenty to discuss........
What CD's did they finally stop making black metal and then transfered into "Blackened Death"...I hate using that word *shudders*
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
i have their last 2 albums and like them quite a bit. don't listen to them much though...
Read my post. Not this.
Satanica was the only cd that they were blackened death on. Everything after is traight up death metal.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Quote by kirkisking
Satanica was the only cd that they were blackened death on. Everything after is traight up death metal.

I agree..
none the less a great band
I myself, like their older and newer stuff...
Teh vox r teh pwnz!
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I've only heard Demigod and Satanica, which are quite enjoyable.

Which should I get next?

And yeah, the vocals are pretty neat.
roar
Quote by Slayer224
I've only heard Demigod and Satanica, which are quite enjoyable.

Which should I get next?

And yeah, the vocals are pretty neat.

If you enjoyed those two then I would recomment 'Zos Kia Cultus' as the next step, its one of my favourite DM albums, and I think its the best Behemoth album.
I've only heard Thelema 6 in it's fullest, and a couple of songs off Demigod and Zos Kia Cultus. Thelema owns hard.

Pan Satyros!!!!
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Demigod was one of the first Metal CD's I purchesed and I thought it was ok but then I checked out Thelma.6 good stuff. I mainly didn't like Demi because of the layered vocals(preference).
Behemoth got rather old after awhile. Zos Kia Cultus was probably my favorite release though.
^ Mehemoth would've been funnier.

Looking forward to the release of their new album.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Great, great, great, great band...Zos Kia Cultus is total ownage.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Behemoth is awesome. The layered vox on Demigod are kinda retarded, IMO, but the rest of the time they're quite "stabbing."

APO PANTHOS KAKODAIMONOS!
i love zos kia cvltvs and demigod, the drums sound great, the riffs are catchy but still heavy, the vocals are decent (A little to studio tweaked though, they dont quite deliver it live) and the lyrics are pleasing considering the boner ive always had for mythology and demonology, even if his grasp on pronunciation in the english language is tenuous
Quote by BlkGuitarRedCar
I am glad to see that you hate everyone and not just Christians.
From what I've heard from Behemoth, they are the heaviest band I've ever heard. It's how they put the guitar and the drums together so well to where the heaviness is more polished and proffessional sounding then chaotic.

Another thing, why do they call it Blackened Death? Why not just Black Death?
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
Quote by Charlatan_001
APO PANTHOS KAKODAIMONOS!

Damn you, I was going to post those lyrics. "Decade Of Therion" is one hell of a song. Behemoth are fantastic. I still need Satanica and their BM stuff. So far, my favorite is Zos Kia Cultus.

Ho Ophios ho archaios! Ho Drakon ho megas!
Quote by GuitarSymphony
From what I've heard from Behemoth, they are the heaviest band I've ever heard. It's how they put the guitar and the drums together so well to where the heaviness is more polished and proffessional sounding then chaotic.

Another thing, why do they call it Blackened Death? Why not just Black Death?

The guitar has a pretty bad tone sometimes imo.

Inferno + uber vocals = win though.

And orion can really bass hard to bad you never really hear it though.
I prefer the old stuff just because the triple layered vocals on Demigod piss me off.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
Their old black metal stuff is quite good. Their deathmetal stuff is pretty boring though IMO. Its ok, just not as good as the black metal albums.
Why is everything dubbed "Blackened Death"....Deathened Black sounds so much cooler.

Now then, I like Behemoth. I didn't like Satanica all that much, but Demigod was alright. I havent heard Zos Kia Cultus yet, but I'm sure I'd like it if I decided to get it.
Quote by Bottled Ink Co.
Why is everything dubbed "Blackened Death"....Deathened Black sounds so much cooler.
Now then, I like Behemoth. I didn't like Satanica all that much, but Demigod was alright. I havent heard Zos Kia Cultus yet, but I'm sure I'd like it if I decided to get it.

Because you fail at grammar, fool.
Their DM stuff is so bleh to me... Probably just me though..
And how exactly do I fail at grammar? If you're referring to the fact that I did not place a question mark after a "Why" statement, that's not a grammatical error. It was a declarative sentence, not an interrogative sentence...Hence, no question mark.

Besides, it's not like I'm writing an essay. It's a freakin online forum. lol
^Just ignore Xolax. He's a cheapass who stole my avatar once.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
ah a behemoth thread
*gets ready for 100 posts from people that thought they were the greatest band ever, and even liked demigod when it first came out, but then once they got big because of demigod, stated that the suck and are boring*
My sig is better than yours
I loved behemoth and liked Demigod until it got popular, I hate it now
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Summer, yeah. The Apostasy.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Okay guys I may be ignorant because I only ahve Demigod to judge from, and I know they used to be a black metal band, but in all honesty, I can't see why they are called blackened death. I hear no black metal influences.
Mostly their older stuff. Satanica especially. They still have a lot of black metal elements in the lyrics though.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Only heard shit off Demigod, it's ok from time to time but the vocal annoy me and its nothing that special. I have seen them live twice though, once was when I was 13 or 14 and they were supporting King Diamond. They scared the living hell out of me, they had on like spiked armor boots that came up to their knees and they were all 7ft tall. It was also my first metal show in a small club so I was quite overwhelmed.

That with the help of Black Dahlia Murder (also played that night) was what helped me start getting into DM.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Yeah. They'll sometimes layer the vocals and have BM vocals along with the death vox. They also have some BM-ish trem picking and lyrics dealing with esoterics and the occult, so that probably has something to do with it...
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS