Ok so I have a peavey 6505 combo and an epiphone sg-400 with a gibson 57 classic in the neck and 57 classic plus in bridge. I dont have any pedals. I can get good classic rock sounds but im looking to replace the bridge pup to get some heavier metal tones. Think megadeth, metallica, arch enemy, and disturbed. Any recommendations? Thanx in advance!
Never argue with and idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience!
how much u willing to spend?
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Probably under 150$. That way if I dont like it, I can just sell it and get somethin else. Dont know too many people who can afford bareknuckles. Know what I mean.
Never argue with and idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience!
Im lookin for passive, but thanx for the recommendation!
Seymour Duncan Distortion pickups are pretty rad, or so I hear.

Damn.. who says "rad" anymore?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
any more suggestions?
Not to get off subject, but would a jeckyll and hyde give me the sound im lookin for, or is it more than likely the pickups?
Quote by flexbuffchest
Not to get off subject, but would a jeckyll and hyde give me the sound im lookin for, or is it more than likely the pickups?

Not to get off subject? lol That was about as off subject as it gets.
Thanx for all the replies. Iv thought about the swineshead pups. Any specific recommendations for me?
the warthog ( i think thats wat its called off the top of my head) is a heavy output pickup. i heard there are new models tho so check out the site and listen to clips.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
I just listened to the demos and so far I like the xbucker and venom. But they dont tell you what guitar they r playin or what amp so Im still bangin my head
A setup of EMG 89 (neck) & EMG 60 (bridge), or a setup of Seymour Duncan Full Shred (both positions) might be the answer you need. =D
Duncan JBs....or Duncan Distortions
GEAR

Guitars:
IbanezRG350DX
Slammer Pacer

Amps:
Laney TFX1

Effects:
Zoom G7.1ut
Digitech Death Metal
How does the l-500xl compare to the distortion, jb, xbucker, and venom for my type of sound? They are pretty cheap, so the have my attention also!
I'm gonna get the Bill Lawrence when I get a Dean (hopefully this spring/summer). Just make sure you order direct from Bill Lawrence. They're very highly renowned pickups, and will make you sound more original. I hear it's like a JB on steriods.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by metal Lover
maybe the dave mustaine livewires

Nah, they suck
If you get one active EMG, you've basically got to get an active neck pickup too. Waaay too much complication involving wiring both passive and active pickups. I'm not too sure about US prices, but add in a few batteries to that and I think you'll be over your budget.
The best recommendation so far is the L-500XL IMO. Awesome pickup for it's money. As Shinozoku said, make sure you order from Bill or his wife to avoid the chance of getting a fake.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
i gotta give it to the bill lawrence's. quality parts. i dont quite remember the models, but maybe the XL for the bridge and an L (??) for the neck?
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
^The L is lower output than the XL, but still a bridge pickup. Neck pickups would be the R and C (rhythm and clean.)
Quote by De Amazing Blob
^The L is lower output than the XL, but still a bridge pickup. Neck pickups would be the R and C (rhythm and clean.)

ahh, yeah. i couldn't quite remember how BL worked the model naming.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight