is it just me or did stairway to heaven by led zeppelin copy this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNUPc7wODrQ
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
Listen to Spirit- Taurus, and wonder if Zeppelin copied that, by the way Spirit opened for Zep the summer before they recored IV, nevertheless, Led Zeppelin ripped off so many people that it's not even worth starting a thread about, or maybe it is.....
Last edited by evilchuck at Jan 26, 2007,
Well, I definitely hear the similarities. Though, it doesn't sounds close enough for me to doubt that Stairway was an original.
Quote by The Casualty
Well, I definitely hear the similarities. Though, it doesn't sounds close enough for me to doubt that Stairway was an original.

a little too similar dont you think?
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
It does sound like the general idea could have come from this...I just did listen to Taurus by Spirit as suggested above and I think it is even more similar than this. Imagine how pissed off you'd be (if you were Spirit) if Zeppelin did get this idea from Spirit when they toured together given the fact that this is one of the most played and most famous songs ever. That said, even though the general idea may have come from one of these (or both), the songs are completely different & Zeppelin deserves credit for making Stairway to Heaven into the classic that it is.
- PRS Custom 22 - Gibson Les Paul Studio - Gibson '61 SG - Fender American Strat - Mesa Boogie Road King - 4x12 Rectifier Cab - Fender CyberTwin - Klon Centaur Overdrive - Morley Power Wah - Dunlop Crybaby
He, it sounds cooler than Stairway to Heaven. *Whips out level 10 flame shield*
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by Soul Power

this man speaks the truth.
Quote by Soul Power

you don't need it, that song is just beautiful
Quote by deluxity
you don't need it, that song is just beautiful

Which one?

EDIT: Oh, okay v
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Last edited by Soul Power at Jan 26, 2007,
Zep ripped off alot of people, because ALL of the blues musicians did it.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by beetroot10
lol i justr started leanring stairway iom going heaps good

What was that?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by Doodleface
Zep ripped off alot of people, because ALL of the blues musicians did it.

yup, plant has said that many times
yeah ive heard about zep ripping songs from people before

shame on you led zep
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
but still Stairway was still a classic song.
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
So Led Zeppelin ripped it,AND?
Who cares?
It's still a good song.

BTW:
It is sayd that Communication Breakdown is inspired by a song called "Nervous Breakdown".
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
The chord progression from Taurus was used with permission from Spirit.

No stealing involved in this case.

-Jacques
I fail to see Led Zeppelin copy any song other than Dazed and Confused, which I would barely say copied because the person who wrote it was in the band with Page and also had a lot of innovation through it will in hte Yardbirds, so techniquely he was completely allowed to do that.
Similar, in that they are both arpeggios and have similar chords, but that's where it ends.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Wasn't 'Whole Lotta Love' stolen from another guy?

Infact, most of Led Zep is old blues songs, with an exotic flavour. Who cares?