This is second song I've written this week... hope you guys like it... I'd say it's sort of a cross between Lamb of God and Trivium? My writing style has been changing a little the last few weeks, strange

Well, all feedback is welcome, crit for crit

"Slaughtered by Instinct"
www.myspace.com/juzcook

If you like my stuff, add me!

Here's the thread for other song from this week
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=508992
Slaughtered by Instinct is pretty good, but (and this is no bullshiz) I would actually listen to Wings of Stone in my car. Considering I think I've only said that to one other song on this entire site, it's meant to be a big compliment. Nice shot!

By the way, I'm not just saying this to you, (and I'm not saying you did it intentionally), but to many on this site. I know you want us to really hear your guitar playing, and you are afraid other instruments on the recording will drown you out, but when you have drums and bass this low in volume, it makes your guitar playing sound vegetarian and hollow. Do your listeners and yourself a favor. Turn the drums and bass guitar up to the level you would hear on a real CD. It will actually make your guitar playing sound better, not worse.

Be a band, even if it's just you making all the music in a recording. Don't be a bunch of individuals competing for the microphone.
Last edited by ZigZag0420 at Jan 26, 2007,
sweet man, your a great player and musician. I'd say you sound more like LOG.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Hey awesome playing, on your song Buried At Your Feet, what did you use for the synth orchestral type sound???
UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06
Donkeyman2341, you are my new god!
dude that was pretty sweet keep up the good work

CRIT ME PLEASE
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
Slaughtered By Instinct is pretty much amazing...no lie. Also the recording quality is really clean.

The only complaints I would have was like ZigZag said, try to turn up the drums more and the bass. Usually, when I listen to music I can here a particular instrument clear as day if I focus in on it. With this recording, I can't hear the drums very clearly. They just aren't loud enough. And also during the solo, I would try to keep the solo track more part of the mix and not so much out in front. I mean it doesn't have to be the same volume as the other tracks, but just give it a little boost instead of major one.

Also, do you do drums yourself or is it a program because they are really good.

If you have time, crit on my song "Merciless Being" would be appreciated. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512811

Keep up the good work and good luck with your recording studio!
Class man! always love your originals!
Very trivium too, I dont like them but I can live with it! 9/10 man!!

Also, what do you use for drums because they just rock! Turn em up too!
Quote by donkeyman2341
Hey awesome playing, on your song Buried At Your Feet, what did you use for the synth orchestral type sound???

thanks man i wrote all the synth parts in midi in a program called easy beat (including the drum track). thing with that program is it has a cool feature to link it to garageband (what i use to do all my guitar recordings only), that lets me export to garageband format.... then when i import into garageband, i can use the premade synth sounds to make everything sound alot more realistic!

Quote by ll anti-hero ll
Slaughtered By Instinct is pretty much amazing...no lie. Also the recording quality is really clean.

The only complaints I would have was like ZigZag said, try to turn up the drums more and the bass. Usually, when I listen to music I can here a particular instrument clear as day if I focus in on it. With this recording, I can't hear the drums very clearly. They just aren't loud enough. And also during the solo, I would try to keep the solo track more part of the mix and not so much out in front. I mean it doesn't have to be the same volume as the other tracks, but just give it a little boost instead of major one.

Also, do you do drums yourself or is it a program because they are really good.
Keep up the good work and good luck with your recording studio!

cheers man, the drums are all programmed until my drummer gets to them... and he came round eysterday and pulled off a few songs for me, so once the whole band learns the newer songs ill have proper full band recordings up soon! but you can have a lsiten how my drum tracks sound, theyre vital if i help record other bands - www.myspace.com/deaficidestudios

i can see where everyones coming from with the mix, i guess the drums COULD be a bit louder.. the bass ive been experimenting with so i can get a reallllly thick sound out of it, but also another tone where you can ehar it a bit clearer... still experimenting with that one!

Quote by False_God
Class man! always love your originals!
Also, what do you use for drums because they just rock! Turn em up too!

like i mentioned in the alst quote, these are synth drums until my drummers gets around to record them... and my new mics just arrived... im in absolute shock how great they sound, check em out - www.myspace.com/deaficidestudios

everyone is about to be critted back keep em comin!
Yup the drums could be a bit louder at some points. ANd I definetly hear the trivium sound in there. The riffs pretty good as well, nice harmonies. I really started to get into the song at around 2:08, when that new riff comes in. The solo is awesome, but the tone is a little too trebly. The softer part after that is probably my favorite part of the whole song.

Awesome job dude, though I think I enjoyed distant memories a little bit more. Keep it up
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?