iv been doing crunches for like two weeks every morning and night

and my stomach is now nice and toned at the top but not so much at the bottom .

any suggestions of what excersises to do?
There is a good machine in the gym im in which is like crunches but your sitting up, bend forward and have to lift weight while bending. Great for me as im now pretty toned. Maybe working on your lower back could help?
Liberation Minister of the UK Price War Army. PM Felkara to join

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
You idiot....you set your hair on fire for a dollar.

Did you buy some intelligence afterwards??
Yea I've tried the leg lifts but I never feel anything, even after like 50 or so...I haven't tried doing more but maybe I'm doing it wrong? I dunno...
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
*bump*

i've been having the same problems and i havn't been able to find the right exercise to help that area around and below my navel
^Leg lifts.

/already has a 6 pack. Sometimes I can see 8.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Quote by Hpda5121
Yea I've tried the leg lifts but I never feel anything, even after like 50 or so...I haven't tried doing more but maybe I'm doing it wrong? I dunno...

Ya your doing them wrong.

Try sticking your hands under your ass and lifting your legs 6 inches from the floor, when you staert to get tired or you cant feel it, start to move your legs up and down.

If you cant feel that you are doing it wrong.
lay on your back and lift your head off the floor slightly. Put your hands flat down on the floor and under your butt. then lift your legs while theyre straight and together. Lift them at about a 45 degree angle, then put em down like an inch from the floor. Then lift em again. rinse and repeat. These work your lower abdomen and work on those lower abs that sit up dont reach.
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

try this, we do it in basketball, its our "power core"... i'm not 100% sure it'll work for you but try it, its 5 minutes....
get a ball and a stopwatch of clock with second hands

go for 1 minute with your arms straight on top of the ball like in a pushup off the ball (make sure you back is completely straight)
then, keep in that same position but bring your left leg up to your left elbow for 30 seconds then the same with the right for 30 seconds
next, go on your back and do sit ups with your arms completely straight and the ball in them for a minute
then, lift your feet off the ground and be in a somewhat sitting up position and move the ball from left to right and hit the ground with the ball for a minute and a half with your feet hitting the ground as little as possible
finally, while sitting bring your legs up to your chest one at a time and weave the ball through them

stretch afterwards..... works for me.... any clarification / explanation if i was vague just ask
I really want a better looking upper body. I'm not fat, but I still won't take my shirt off for any reason other than showering or sleeping.

I've been doing 50 crunches a day on-again off-again because I've been busy, but now I'm committed to it. I'm thinking maybe 20 push-ups as well. I also need to get rid of my lovehandles, but have no clue how. I strangely have visible fat where my arm meets my shoulder when I'm standing with my arms at my side. Any ideas how to get rid of that?
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
First of all, the only thing that "tones" is cardio (to remove fat) and crunches do not count as cardio, secondly, I'm betting that you're pretty skinny and the only muscles you care about are your abs and biceps. You'd do better with a proper full body weight lifting program and eating alot to put on some weight*

*Sorry if you aren't actually skinny, but the rest still applies
Ibanez RG3270M Prestige
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Mexican Strat w/ Kinman Woodstock Pickups

Vox Valvetronix AD120VTX (soon to be a Peavey 6505)

Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Dime Cry Baby From Hell
I figure I am skinny in the sense that I don't have much muscle.

I don't want to be a big guy though, just toned. I know I should start running. I walk quite a bit, it's a 45 minute walk to school in the snow.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
try this for abs, i guarantee you will feel it...

lie on your back with another person standing over your head, then grab their ankles with your hands and lift your legs up so they are vertical (and therefore parallel to the person). this is really fun for the standing person, as all they have to do is push your legs away as hard as possible. keep your legs together and lift them vertical again, but DON'T let them touch the floor. the person should push your legs straight out, then every 2 pushes add a push to the left or right, just make sure they keep it random so you don't anticipate where they will push you next (stopping your body from preparing for the force).

this exercise is good as it works your obliques (side pushes) as well as your abs (forward pushes). i recommend you start doing about 20-25 pushes per set, then increase by 5 once you feel you can.

note: if you don't feel this then you must have no nerves in your upper and lower abdominal regions.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Ideally you want to be around 6% body fat to have a decent six pack. If you're much more than that then your shout isn't as good.

So once you lose the body fat, and you'll want to do cardiovascular exercises to do this like have been mentioned before, try roman chair sit ups. This is where you lie down on the ground on your back, and elevate your legs (on a chair for example) so that they are also parallel with the ground, then just try and do a normal sit up. You won't be able to bring your body up quite as far so don't be discouraged when this happens. Also focus on a spot when your head is up, and maintain that focus throughout your reps. You should be able to do about 40 reasonably comfortably.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
6% is a bit over the top, more like 8-9%
Ibanez RG3270M Prestige
Gibson SG Standard

Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Dime Cry Baby From Hell
Quote by Bloodening
6% is a bit over the top, more like 8-9%

I was about 8 when I really tried to get one (I did a lot of exercise and I knew which ones to specifically do to get it) and wasn't wholly unsuccessful but it wasn't very good.

I'm hovering at 12 now so no chance of getting it back anytime soon

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
whats a good diet to help tone the body, not like a women's gotta lose weight diet, but like what kinds of food and vitamins and such should i be focusing on to help tone more. i dont eat much meat by the way. have a tendancy to puke it back up for some reason.
Quote by Badreligionrock
I was about 8 when I really tried to get one (I did a lot of exercise and I knew which ones to specifically do to get it) and wasn't wholly unsuccessful but it wasn't very good.

I'm hovering at 12 now so no chance of getting it back anytime soon

Depends where you retain most of your fat really so fair enough but for me I need about 9%
Ibanez RG3270M Prestige
Gibson SG Standard

Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Dime Cry Baby From Hell
Quote by Bloodening
Depends where you retain most of your fat really so fair enough but for me I need about 9%

Bastard I really should back to an exercise regime...

Quote by Pinky19