i have an old crappy squire bullet guitar which iam now rewiring for a friend.
i looked at the pickup switch terminals and it has only 7 !! not 8 as the usuals.
so iam confused now, how i can rewire it?
it has terminals inline marked from 1 to 7, so i don't know where is the common and the others.
any help please?
a wiring diagram if available?
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Tamer
I had one of those on my guitar before I replaced it. Basically, I just looked at the PCB it was mounted on and worked out for myself which tab equated to which pickup. If this fails, get out a multimeter and check for continuity. If you can't work it out, you can always replace the switch with a decent quality one.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
iam not into electronics so much but the switch is hard to figure out or examine.
how to check it with multimeter?
Tamer
i've found an old diagram i wrote before but iam not sure of it coz it makes non sense compared to the usual switch terminals.

its terminals inline from 1 to 7

1 = middle pickup
2 = neck pickup
3 + 4 = connected together withe a wire to the volume pot
5 = neck tone
6 = middle tone
7 = bridge pickup

where is the bridge tone ?
Tamer
Quote by Pink_Waters

where is the bridge tone ?

It's a strat; there is no tone control for the bridge pickup.
it is connected to the midle tone. don't ask me how, i just work here : )
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.