Page 1 of 4
Just got my dvd from marshall theyve brought out the MG15MSZK its the 15 watt microstack

people will buy it just because it has his name on it remember what he said about the last MG
NO ONES GONNA TAKE ME ALIVE
THE TIME HAS COME TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT
Fishsticks!!!!!
Equipment

• Shecter 006 Deluxe
  • Line 6 Spider II 30
  • Harmony Acoustic
  • Dunlop GCB-95 Wah-Wah Pedal
  • Zoom 707 II

Favorite Guitar Player(s)

• Eric Clapton
  • Brian May
  • Jack White
nah, come on and be reasonable.
the Mg's sound slammin, the overdrive is crushing (i worked this out myself )
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
Umh... Why the hell is that? I'd understand if they'd release a new Zakk Wylde JCM800 but MG? Man, why?

Well, if there are many people who want to start playing and Wylde is their idol, of course it's cool to have an amp with his name on it. It's pretty good idea. But I hope that they change something in the amp...

nakki
So lets see, we can get Zakk Wylde:

Guitars (god knows how many kinds)
Amps
Speakers
Strings
Picks
Overdrive Pedals
Wah Pedals
Beer
Pianos
Motorcycles
MG's...

Soon to come from Zakk Wylde:

Beards
Flannel Shirts

I love BLS, but this is kinda insane. You can have a practice rig and a gig rig with only Zakk Wylde gear. (Cept maybe straps and leads...)
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
Quote by TGM

Amps
Speakers
Strings
Picks
Overdrive Pedals
Wah Pedals
Beer
Pianos
Motorcycles
MG's...

Beards
Flannel Shirts

I love BLS, but this is kinda insane. You can have a practice rig and a gig rig with only Zakk Wylde gear. (Cept maybe straps and leads...)

there'll be a Zakk Wylde bass next
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Quote by rustic_metal
there'll be a Zakk Wylde bass next

Eventually he'll run out of things, and he'll just create a song with a tube so he can have a signature tuba
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Quote by xifr
Eventually he'll run out of things, and he'll just create a song with a tube so he can have a signature tuba

Hey now!
Have you ever heard the band drums and tuba....awesome band! But I hope we don't see Black Lable (tuba) Society
My Rig:
PRS SE custom
cube 60
Dual Rectifier Roadster (2X12 combo)
DR strings
EHX Multiplexer
^ Nah, his music is still great. He's smart. He'll still be raking in money after he stops playing music.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
ahh, come on! as if youd turn down marshall if they wanted to make your signature amp (no matter how shitty). id make a signature ****ing ball scratcher if they offered me much buxx
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

My Profile

Then you are also a sellout. Of course this shouldn't matter to you if you're not leftist, so I'll be amused if you get angry anyway.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
If a product was really good, I'd happily endorse it, but it's common knowledge that MGs are horrible. The only thing aout them that's crushing is after playing it for 2 weeks you know you've wasted good money it. The clean channel breaks (doesn't break-up, just breaks) and the "overdrive" is piss poor.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
As I've said before, Zakk doesn't just endorse products, he uses all of them. He uses these MG ministacks for practice, on the tour bus, when he does all those guitar magazine interviews and stuff. Apart from this amp, all of his products are really good.

Oh, and he did have a limited edition signature JCM800 that came with 6550 tubes and everything, but only like 600 were made. God, what I'd do for one of those amps...
I WILL own one one day, that's for sure.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Quote by Strat_Monkey
Then you are also a sellout. Of course this shouldn't matter to you if you're not leftist, so I'll be amused if you get angry anyway.

i wouldn';t be a sellout because i never changed my views/oppinions/music etc. for the money. my main goal could have been to make a lot of money through signature products, so if anything i'd be sticking to my guns (this could also apply to ZW)
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

My Profile

^ Are you sure bout that? He has no reason to use an MG. He could easily get a low wattage all valve clone of a hotrodded JCM800 built for him, he has the money. Or he could at least afford something better than an MG.

Then again, on G3 Denver you see Malmsteem warming up with a MG or AVT, I forget which.
Quote by TGM
^ Are you sure bout that? He has no reason to use an MG. He could easily get a low wattage all valve clone of a hotrodded JCM800 built for him, he has the money. Or he could at least afford something better than an MG.

Then again, on G3 Denver you see Malmsteem warming up with a MG or AVT, I forget which.

SS amps are more rugged and can be banged up more than tube amps, so that miught be why. plus hes probably contractually obliged to use MG's in interwiews, and when being taped when hes warming up
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

My Profile

I don't see why Zakk has affilated himself with MG'S - terrible stuff Zakk.(And I LOVE MG's). I'd love to see the expression on his face if an interviewer asked "Hey Zakk, are you going to use the new Marshall MG100DFX Stack at your next show". he'll eb like "**** no that thing sucks ass".
I like Mr. Wylde. I think he is a great guitar player, although his empire of equipment may be getting a little out of hand. I myself don't really play metal, I play rock and blues, so I wouldn't even use any of it!

Oh and as for why he would not endorse a bitchin tube amp or something: Some of us guys just prefer SS.
Watch this video.

He's using an AVT20 and he even mentions that he would record an album with the AVT or the MG ministacks.

Oh and listen to the tone he manages to get out of the AVT. That just shows you that it's all in the hands. Zakk can make anything sound good.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Last edited by Pleiadian at Jan 26, 2007,
Quote by High_o
i wouldn';t be a sellout because i never changed my views/oppinions/music etc. for the money. my main goal could have been to make a lot of money through signature products, so if anything i'd be sticking to my guns (this could also apply to ZW)

Hmm... Interesting point. Well, in that case you'd be no better than your average in-it-for-the-money popstar, and most of us like the heady heights and thin air of Mount Moral Highground, which you wouldn't be allowed on. Can you live with that? CAN YOU?!

Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by Pleiadian
Watch this video.

He's using an AVT20 and he even mentions that he would record an album with the AVT or the MG ministacks.
Oh and listen to the tone he manages to get out of the AVT. That just shows you that it's all in the hands. Zakk can make anything sound good.

It's funny because he wouldn't. He didn't say he would record an ablum with them he said, '"you could record a record with these amps". He then proceeds to say how if it says Marshall on it then it must be good and name drops Hendrix and EVH. Did they ever use MG's or AVT's? Nope.

And that did sound pretty awful, even with all those fast blurred notes.
Anyone who calls someone a sellout is just jealous they aren't raking in the cheese.

If he can cash in on idiots who know nothing about amps, why not.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by bonchie1
Anyone who calls someone a sellout is just jealous they aren't raking in the cheese.

If he can cash in on idiots who know nothing about amps, why not.

dude... youre an ass

at any rate, I think its a ****ing joke, I mean.. what would drive you to associate your name with such a shitty amp besides money? Seriously, when you are already rich you dont have sell some poor little kids shitty amps so you can buy a new ****ing mansion! **** you zakk wylde!!
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
i ****ing hate zakk wylde. hes the biggest sellout since gene simmons.

Caption: "SANTA ROCKS MAAAAAAAAN!"

on an unrelated note, did anyone hear about the "Zakk Wylde Signature 2% Milk"?
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by danzig-_-

on an unrelated note, did anyone hear about the "Zakk Wylde Signature 2% Milk"?

thats, Fuking funny!

anyway. yeah, they are under contract to use MG crap when they sign up to be spokesman.
most of the time if a spokesman is seen using the wrong gear, they can be fined, or sued.

matt damen was the spokesman for coors light beer. had a phote taken wt a sam adams in his hand at a bar. lost the endorsement, was all over the news.

the whole thing is just another way to shit on the kids that idolize him.

and no an MG is not more sturdy, used in a tour bus.^ i dont care if it is a SS. mg's break all over the place.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by TGM

Amps
Speakers
Strings
Picks
Overdrive Pedals
Wah Pedals
Beer
Pianos
Motorcycles
MG's...

Beards
Flannel Shirts

He's a money whore
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by batman123
dude... youre an ass

at any rate, I think its a ****ing joke, I mean.. what would drive you to associate your name with such a shitty amp besides money? Seriously, when you are already rich you dont have sell some poor little kids shitty amps so you can buy a new ****ing mansion! **** you zakk wylde!!

Take this example...a kid sees wylde play and is inspired to play guitar...kid shows parents gibson les paul bullseye custom and his signature jcm 800...parents see price tag, say no way, and the kid is completely discouraged.

Or...

Parents see alternative and pick up a les paul style guitar with the Wylde MG. The kid learns and grows as a player and actually gets to play. There are situations that happen like this every day. Someone new to guitar could really give two shakes about tubes and tone, they just want to get a guitar and let it rip.

If all the gear on the planet was top notch and had prices to match (which they would), then we wouldn't have as large of a population playing guitar as we do right now. Amps like the MG, while they may have many problems, actually serve a purpose in the market. They bring in profit on a larger scale and attract brand association. While the reliability of the MG might make some turn away from Marshall, I can assure you that they still retain at least 65% of the people that bought MGs, and those people come back for the higher end Marshall gear.

Business doesn't have to serve the moral high ground, they just have to make money. I personally feel there's a better way to do it in terms of reliability and quality, I can't disagree with their strategy.

^kids should just do this instead.

imagine how discouraged u would be if ur mom bought u that MG and it stopped working after the 30 day return.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565

^kids should just do this instead.

imagine how discouraged u would be if ur mom bought u that MG and it stopped working after the 30 day return.

thats my feeling, I really understand what they are trying to do, but I believe kids are smarter than that, and worth more. Most people start off with walmart guitars anyways... I just think marshall and other companies should take a little more pride in their work and actually make something worth buying...
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
Actually, u have to consider the fact that that video has been compressed quite a lot. Which means not only the video feed itself has been compressed, but the audio as well... hell it sounds like shit overall because of the fact of the compression of the file! To me it sounded quite good for the size of amp and the effects on the front end. Was it Zakk's greatest sounds, HELL NO!, but it doesn't sound like shit either! Band Wagonerz..... yeash... And it's the ATV he's playing out of, JFYI, just in case u couldn't tell... hell, tons of the greatest people in music history have used solid states, from BB King to Zakk Wylde! now do they currently use SS tech on stage, no... but that doesn't mean any SS or Hybrid is shit just because it is SS or Hybrid! Gosh the ignorence of youth in these forums. Please, try to educate yourself before you bash something!

And for the size of speaker, being SS, and as small as it is, the MG is great. There's not much the size of MG that has as good a tone, exept for fairly pricy alternatives.

Of course, compared to say a JCM800... yea, it's gonna have insect shit for tone! But if u compare it to other SS amps in it's price range, and size... It's a fairly decent competitor! Go try one yourself with a good guitar. Don't go try one with your standard pos guitars, get out a Gibson LP or Carvin, or PRS... Then go and try it out. It's quite decent when compared to others in it's type range. Don't sit there and compare it to a ****ing 100 watt Plexi for god's sake! Don't even compare it to the ATV, which is out of it's type range. Meaning go for other 15watt solid state amps (not hybrids).

I'm sick and tired of people downing the MG because they are comparing the tone of a 15watt solid state amp with a tiny ass speaker to a 100watt, 4x12 bastard amp! (affectionate term for the Marshals ) (for those of you who have actually compared the MG with other 15watt Miniamps with tiny speakers... bravo. And your opinion is your opinion )
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
im sure he probably does actually use MGs for warmups, and on the bus, that would make a lot of sense because you wouldnt want to use a tube amp on the bus (everytime you hit a bump the tubes would make really bad noises) plus they are a ot more rugged and reliable for carrying around, you dont need a flight ack for them like you do a tube amp. Most people who say that he should be using tube amps on the road for warming up and and on the buss have probably never toured with a tube amp.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
exactly, little ss amps are great for just screwing around, but there is no way in hell you'd be in a national touring amp gigging everynight for 1000s with a ****ing mg... just think about it
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
Quote by Outside Octaves
utter rubbish

You just spouted so much misinformation and shit it's not possible. Okay, fine Youtube downgrades quality as well, that's a given. But since when the hell did the size of the amp ever effect tone when it comes to SS?

We're not talking about SS in general here, there are brilliant SS amps around, but this is about the MG, why on earth you're going on about all SS amps is puzzling.

"now do they currently use SS tech on stage, no." Wtf is that supposed to mean? of course people use SS on stage what are you on about? I'm also curious to know what SS amps BB King has been using..

"There's not much the size of MG that has as good a tone" Wrong again, there are plenty of small amps that are cheaper than MG's and far superior.

"But if u compare it to other SS amps in it's price range, and size... It's a fairly decent competitor!" No it's not, it's over priced and gets blown out of the water by cheaper amps. As for trying the MG with a good guitar... that's rediculous, a great guitar DOES NOT make a shit amp any better.

I know tone is opinion, but you're just talking rubbish here. Yes i agree about the bandwagoning being a negative thing and people dismissing all SS amps immediately as crap is stupid. But still, i think you should play around a bit more before you go making bizarre posts such as the one i qouted from.
Quote by Outside Octaves

And for the size of speaker, being SS, and as small as it is, the MG is great. There's not much the size of MG that has as good a tone, exept for fairly pricy alternatives.

Of course, compared to say a JCM800... yea, it's gonna have insect shit for tone! But if u compare it to other SS amps in it's price range, and size... It's a fairly decent competitor!

in case u missed the picture i posted.
i was comparing it to a cube 30. that's pretty much MGs exact competition. and Marshall should be embarrassed.

and yeah, u'd practice with a SS on a bus. and im sure he uses MGs on his bus to warm up wt. why wouldnt he. whenever one stops working they'll just send him another one.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Let's just credit that post as getting pissed off, lol. Most of that about bb king and stuff is going off what I've learned thus far in my short walk in music.

And there isn't much better sounding than the MG in it's price range and size (15watt), that is mainstream and marketed as such. I guess I neglected to mention that little tidbit in my rage.

And as for using a better guitar on a shite amp not making any difference... try using a low end Warlock or Beast through the MG, then turn around and play a high end Gibbson LP through it... It's gonna have a HUGE tonal difference. A shite guitar makes a shite tone. (Now, btw, I'm not saying all BC Rich guitars suck... the upper ranges of the brand come out quite well. With a good pickup change, and some good DR or D'addario strings, they sound quite nice, given your on a good amp too .)

And I know your not talking about solid state amps, but specificly the MG. I myself was making a statement about both the MG and SS amps in general, and in specifics... yeash...

And so I guess I also get to make this statement:

Where do you guys get off calling that tone shite, when in fact the entire video is compressed making everything sound like bull-shite! Come to us with a quality audio recording (mabey in conjuction with a video?)... with zakk playing the MG.. then mabey we can talk!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Last edited by Outside Octaves at Jan 26, 2007,
No, sorry but i could not disagree more. A good guitar is not going to make a good sound through a crappy amp. While there will be a difference, much the same way you can hear a difference between woods through pretty much any amp, it is only going to sound marginally better.

The amp is where the majority of the sound you hear comes from, as the amp is what colours the guitars tone. Again, i disagree about the MG sounding great for its price range. It simply doesn't. The competition in the same price range is far superior. Hell, you can get an (increasingly popular ) Epi VJ for a similar price as a low wattage MG.

I agree that video is probably not a great flagship for MG and AVT tone, but i own an MG (in a cupboard) and have played through a fair few AVT's and they don't sound good. Again, i'm aware this is opinion but it's as agreeable as saying a cat being gutted alive with a knife is an awful sound.
I don't think I said that a good guitar would sound great... I think what I said was that there is a huge difference in the two guitar's tones in the same amp. It's not GREAT by any means... but it's better than MOST of it's major marketing competition... the only thing out there that can in anyway compete is the epi valve junior you spoke of... And for the money I've seen it for, it's a lot better than most in it's type and price range.

And yea, all marshals are over priced... just like gibsons are.

But I guess we both will have to agree to dissagree here.

But I do agree with you, it is comparable to a cat being gutted alive. Most tiney speaker, ss amps do. Most...

Then again, there are the few that do sound better with said specs... lol.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Page 1 of 4