An OFR will hold tune better, just because it's locking at the bridge and at the nut (you SHOULD get a locking nut).

Depends on what ya need though.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
a locking nut would require you to tune up again i think. so it probably would't work (i think thats what fine tuners on FRs are for)
Strat trems are generally much more subtle, made for vibrato rather than dives.
Quote by mattreid222
depends what sort of stuff you play

I play Metal,harmonic solos,blue,Rock,heavy metal,Punk rock and a little classic rock like Led Zeppelin.
heres the question do you want to dive bomb? If you say "yes, than get a FR, if you say "no" than stick with a strat bridge
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Strat trems aren't really made to pull up. If you want to raise the pitch subtely or dramaticly (Like how Dimebag does), you'll want a floyd.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by forsaknazrael
I dive bomb with my strat with no problems.

Dude since when did you get a strat? You dont mean that copy you got laying around do you?
Quote by Will_Minus
Strat trems aren't really made to pull up. If you want to raise the pitch subtely or dramaticly (Like how Dimebag does), you'll want a floyd.

I dive bomb and pull up without problems on my strat without problems.
if you want to do crazy whammy stuff ide say get a FR
if you dont do that crazy stuff, but still use the trem quite abit, ide say look into Wilkinson ... the trems they have are amazing
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
^agreed

maybe get a FR and some lace sensors so you can pretend you are prince.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Did you see that Prince got lost trying to get to the Golden Globes? I read that TomTom is giving him a free GPS device to help make sure he gets to the Superbowl on time this year Prince lost I know celebs are use to getting free stuff but come on, a brand new GPS because you can't show up on time? He probably got the brand new 910 because it plays mp3s, really nice device - plus tele atlas just released a brand new map for the US so they're pretty much the most accurate on the market. At least he only needs to make it there by halftime...
I don't even care to shake these zipper blues...
bit of a random post that...
any way a floyd is good for extreme whammy stuff but is a bugger to restring maintain and generaly do ANYTHING to since it will go out of tune. maintaining those damn things isn't a skill it's an artform one i can't get my head around. but you can make a strat trem almost as stable as a floyd without the added stress that floating locking trems bring simply by adding locking tuners to increase the tuning stability