Page 1 of 2
Ive searched this and found nothing.
this is a thread on which you tell stories of how you've impressed someone who does not play guitar with your guitar skills whether you did it on purpose or not, ive never impressed someone on purpose FYI only by accident

Story 1:
theres a kid in my music class who always wants me to play stairway, and whenever i do hes like "OMG you freak" and im like "c'mon it isnt that hard".

Story 2:
Today i was jamming and i was playing that end bit of domination where he does that -15-16-20 tremolo picking part and he was staring at me. and i go "What is it?" and he replies "Thats so Fast!" it really simple if you learn it

anyway POST AWAY!
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
Usually just when I pick one up, everyone is like "OMFG?!?!?11!?1one?!1 WTF r u a chik huu plyz da geetr?!!?"
I prefer Drop C. And non-guitarists used to get really impressed when I'd play Thunderstruck incorrectly(alternate picking). Ha. I kept my mouth shut.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Yesterday, me and my friend brought our guitars and practice amps to school, we had a little jam, and our classmates were watching, then they asked me to play the solo of this song, they wanted to see it live, not in YouTube, so I played it for them (that's me in the vid).
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
Under the bridge by Red hot chili peppers usually gest the job done
You're solid gold. I'll see you in hell.
Someone was impressed when I passively did a 2-5 fret stretch while doing the chorus for Freewill by Rush. Sad thing is, he was a guitarist.

And I always impress my non-guitarist friends and family with my Cliffs of Dover. It ain't good, but they don't know that.
<ter> quote me!
<alex> dont quote ter

<Barry> joe striani? is that the guy from the who?

Top Samurai of UG's Unofficial MST3K fan club, PM tossup to join

Quote by ss311
10/10 you gloriously peculiar chatter Voltan rocks.

Quote by deluxity
that's hot voltan
Yesterday, me and my friend brought our guitars and practice amps to school, we had a little jam, and our classmates were watching, then they asked me to play the solo of this song, they wanted to see it live, not in YouTube, so I played it for them (that's me in the vid).

You look like you're gonna fall asleep any second while playing that, you dont get into the songm you just play the notes.
Thats not good
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Non-guitarists couldn't tell "impressive guitar song" from their "ass holes".

Strum a D chord and they shit their pants in awe at your guitar might.

Morons.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by BassistGal
You look like you're gonna fall asleep any second while playing that, you dont get into the songm you just play the notes.
Thats not good

I didn't want to fuck up, lol.
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
my mate gets stoked wen i play the beginning of killing the name of- Rage Against the Machine. its so funny cause it like the first thing i eva played wen i got my guitar.
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
I vote you for Australian of the Year.

Quote by Dunjma
lol yea chuck the sicky! what an aussie tradition angels fighter i too vote u for aussie of the year

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I call bullsh*t. White people don't get sacked.

Visit my friends Site
Non-guitarists couldn't tell "impressive guitar song" from their "ass holes".

Strum a D chord and they shit their pants in awe at your guitar might.

Morons.

Yeah, but you have to admit it's a great ego boost.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Quote by Angels Fighter
my mate gets stoked wen i play the beginning of killing the name of- Rage Against the Machine. its so funny cause it like the first thing i eva played wen i got my guitar.

OMG so's mine what school you go to?
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe

Digitech Whammy Club!
Blues impovising will leave them worshipping you.
It works best if you do it with a Bassist, Pianoist, Guitarist and a Drummer, and just take turns improvising while everyone who dosent improvise at the time play the basic pattern you're jammin on.

They just go like "OMG!! did you really just played all of that from the top of your head????"
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
^^ Not too sure bout that, i saw some dude improving on a bass and it sounded pretty funky!
Quote by Aqua Dementia

Quote by WNxScythe

Digitech Whammy Club!
Quote by GiantRaven
I play Bass, I don't get to impress people

sigged
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
I'm the only guitarist in my music class, so generally anything I play people say I'm good. But I have a friend who annoys me sometimes in music. I'm sitting with a CLASSICAL acousitc, playing chords, and he keeps aksing me to play the Sweet Child O' Mine intro, even when i tell him how hard it is for ym hands to play it on a classical.
Quote by GiantRaven
I play Bass, I don't get to impress people

stop playing punk

a freind of mine saw me played bass unplugged and she asks where i learnt to play like that, it was only can't stop and i was self taught at the time

slap really impresses i find

also double bass as well

once played a double bass solo (1 minute of complete bass wanking) and got the biggest applause
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
people generally seem impressed if you play something relatively simple but sounds good, like plug in baby by muse or war pigs by sabbath....using a wah pedal too makes people around hear like "OMG WTF IZ U DOOING WIT UR FOOT ON DAT PEDAL?!!one!!" even though its not hard at all
Quote by Double Basser
stop playing punk

a freind of mine saw me played bass unplugged and she asks where i learnt to play like that, it was only can't stop and i was self taught at the time

slap really impresses i find

also double bass as well

once played a double bass solo (1 minute of complete bass wanking) and got the biggest applause

I play punk?
^^ green day is a good example of that

but i don't like how the sound so everyone else is weird

^ just messin with ya dude
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
i notice how noone these days care what you can play thats actually good but if you play green days time of your life you get five bucks in your guitar case

CHA-CHING SELLOUT!
MY BANDS

Phat Toosday and the Astro-Bus
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/ptabmusic

Lets All Get Superpowers
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/lags

Hobstolopho
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/hobstolopho

Come Visit Today!!!
Quote by _fender_fan_
Hmm yes. All you need to do is bring out the tapping and people will shit their pants in surprise. Then they chant "WE'RE NOT WORTHY! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!"

Exactly.

I was just practicing some tapping arpeggios, pretty slowly (only just started doing tapping), and someone walks in and goes "holy shit, dude."
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Pfft, you all with your big shredding solos. I just play pinch harmonics, then play the same note again without a pinch harmonic. Everyone is like "teh fook?!".
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
Run to the Hills and The Trooper are always winners. I can't even play the solo's yet (I know, I know.... but they're hard ) But people (IE: my mom, sister, girlfriend, friends) are all like "ZOMG, U R AMAZING!" It's sad because two of my friends are guitarists :P
Quote by TeenBite
Pfft, you all with your big shredding solos. I just play pinch harmonics, then play the same note again without a pinch harmonic. Everyone is like "teh fook?!".

Haha! I'd sig that if I had more room in my sig. Anyways, I played all these random pinch harmonics at my friends house yesterday, and he was like WTF. I lol'd at him, and get playing them.

EDIT: Sorry for double-post
Yeah it's pretty easy to impress people... play a scale on the piano, a series of slides on the guitar, whatever on the ukulele and people go like "omfg...! have my babies!". No.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Sweet Home Alabama. Sends people crazy. Play a Hammer-on, they go nuts. Play Scarified, they faint. I usually kick it off with the latter, so great when everyone's like "WTF??!!Your hand is soooooo fast fast fast!!?!one!

Seriously, play it slow, and wrong, for non-musicians, YOU ARE GOD!
Why the hell did you bring this thread back to life after well over 2 years just to say that?
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Old thread is old...

Um...
Sweep picking, tapping, etc...
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
lol i played the halloween theme and my friend is like wtf teach me how to play that
Originally Posted by TeenBite
play your guitar next to them while they play guitar hero, gets em everytime.
Quote by jimmyled
You have a Badger Song avatar!!!!!

Quote by Oprah
VAJAYJAY

Monkey Ball Sack

I played an eight string once in front of friends. They were confused, because it had two more strings... story of my friends, my hobbies, my existence.
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
I prefer Drop C. And non-guitarists used to get really impressed when I'd play Thunderstruck incorrectly(alternate picking). Ha. I kept my mouth shut.

It's supposed to be played with alternate picking, fool. Angus uses pull-offs in the video but whenever he plays it live, he picks it.
I just play something fast and make funny faces while I solo. People think I'm really good.
Page 1 of 2