The main problem is, I use pretty heavy gauge strings for just standard tuning (EB Skinny Top Heavy Bottom 10-52) so when translated down to B it would be a bigger gauge.

Does anyone know a manufacturer which sells a similar set but a larger? I was thinking of having my high E at 11 or 12 and my low E at 54 or 56. Maybe even buying a 7 string set and taking away the high E.

I'm playing a Jackson Dinky Pro with a Schaller Floyd copy. I want decent string tension, its something I really prefer (hence my heavy gauge strings for standard). The last time I tuned down I used .12s and I didn't much like it, mostly because I felt the bass-side (wound) strings weren't taut enough.

Any suggestions? I'm willing to shim my locking nut a tad if I have to (to compensate for larger strings)
Ernie ball "not even slinky" .012-.56 - These sound and feel great tuned to C.
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Ibz RG270 - Dimarzio PAF Pro/Mo' Joe
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2
Quote by mattldm2003

I've started toying with these, I quite like them!s
Quote by mattldm2003

Geez, I used to use them in standard.

When I did they were good downtuned, but downtuned to me is Eb. They have a nice sound though.

You could also also check out Dean Markley .013's. The low E is a .56.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
Quote by TGM
Geez, I used to use them in standard.

When I did they were good downtuned, but downtuned to me is Eb. They have a nice sound though.

You could also also check out Dean Markley .013's. The low E is a .56.

Ouch, you must have leather fingers, LOL!

of course I play .09's for standard.
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Ibz RG270 - Dimarzio PAF Pro/Mo' Joe
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Everly-9111-X-Rockers-Lo-Tune-Drop-D-Strings?sku=106025

I use these, but I'm thinking about dropping down to the c set on one of my guitars...
I miss the long lastingness and great feel of elixers, but they need to make bigger strings, and whats up with these companies making sets like 12-52's? Who needs big high strings and small low strings????????
I use D'Addario 10's, for drop D.But instead of the .46 for the E, I use a special 49. But then again I am a noob, probably shouldn't listen to me.
Quote by 1fine69
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Everly-9111-X-Rockers-Lo-Tune-Drop-D-Strings?sku=106025

I use these, but I'm thinking about dropping down to the c set on one of my guitars...
I miss the long lastingness and great feel of elixers, but they need to make bigger strings, and whats up with these companies making sets like 12-52's? Who needs big high strings and small low strings????????

They ARENT that way.. that's a standard set, isnt it?

These look moderately promising, so if they last for awhile I might have to buy some more.

Any other suggestions?
DR high brites. I use the 10-52 for Eb and they have become my new favorite. They make other sized highbrites also.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
I'm thinking beefy slinky or not even slinky at this point.. not sure, though. I was thinking 11-56 but i can't get that, only 12-56 or 11-54

Its tough picking out strings for me to downtune with... I can't wait to get a proper 7 string.
just slap on a set of .13's after a while you get use to it
and if you play in a lower standard tuning they wont be that bad.
i've come acustom to .13's in E standard , so you can too
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Quote by TinTin8
just slap on a set of .13's after a while you get use to it
and if you play in a lower standard tuning they wont be that bad.
i've come acustom to .13's in E standard , so you can too

The first time I tuned down I used a set of 13s and I didn't like it. I ended up tuning them back up because it got tiresome.

I put a set of EB 12s on and it was okay.

Then I used a set of wylde boomers, 11-70, which were ridiculously tense and then too light on the higher end.

I'm a fan of hybrid sets, like I said 10-52s suit me well for standard but I want to downtune to B, which is 2.5 steps down. I figured that 1-2 sizes up might work if they're hybrid.. Wound string tension is very important to me.

beefy slinky = 11 15 22 30 42 54
not even slinky = 12 16 24 32 44 56
everly rockers drop c = .13-.17-.24-.42-.56-.65.
everly rockers drop d = . 11-15-20p-36-48-56.

I want 11 or 12 for the high e and 56 probably for the low E.

I don't really like super huge strings for standard, it makes the guitar a bit lifeless to me..