i kno this is probably gonna sound like a noob question

but ive been playing guitar for 3 years and i just switched to 10 guage strings from 9's like two months ago.

But heres the problem, i love the sound of the thicker low strings, but i hate the way the higher strings sound

Is it ok to put like 10 guage lower strings (E,A,D) 26, 36, 46,
and then like 9 guage strings for (G, B, E,) 9, 11, 16

i was wwondering if thats ok for the guiatr
and do other people do that to?

thanks
That should be fine, maybe a little bit more expensive though. And have you tried some other companies? Guages of specific strings vary a little bit beween companies, so maybe there's a pre-selected set out there for you, and you just haven't found it. But if you don't find anything you like, plenty of people do mix.

The only thing I can't figure out is why they bother you that much, the only difference I can tell when changing guages is that larger strings are less buzzy and and the higher strings don't bend right off the fret board due to being so flimsy. But I guess everyone is different.
GHS makes a set of strings in these gauges. They are the GHS Boomers Custom Lights.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/GHS-GBCL-Boomers-Custom-Light-Electric-Guitar-Strings?sku=100442
Quote by thedude051
bubbaearl...Man that is...THE SICKEST NAME EVER!!!

Quote by Stress Cow
bubbaearl... apparently it's the sickest name ever

Are you over 30?
Probably not, but if you are, click HERE.