I dont usually use barre chords on an acoustic....i guess its becuz i find it really hard to change between them and keep playing them cuz my hand just hurts after a while ...insted this is what i usually

for example if its an G major , i play

XX5433

for a G minor i play

XX5333

and change the down to get play other notes lik F major , F minor etc ....

Is this bad for my future in anyway ? i mean its just on an acoustic that i prefer these shapes since barre chords are harder as i said.
Try to use Bar Chords and work on changing. Do you have your chords in the first position down well?
yeh that way would be fine, just the chords wont sound as full as they usually do with full barre chords
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
the way u play it is fine. But its good to know barre chords and u shud start using them. if nothing else, they'll al least strengthen up ure fingers if u find it a problem changing b/w them.
Cheers!

PS: Im in love with music too!!!`
Quote by metalman12
Im gonna upgrade to a marshall mg.

Anyone can be inspired
And practice all day
But its those that are
Inspired each and every day
That achieve success
its good that you can do this, but i definately recommend being able to play full chords. theres a saying that i use whenever someone posts a thread like this "its better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it"
Quote by z4twenny
its good that you can do this, but i definately recommend being able to play full chords. theres a saying that i use whenever someone posts a thread like this "its better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it"

+1. exactly.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
music has no rules..you can do it wrong (unless you're like green days guitarist and even him looking at a guitar is wrong!)
UG's HIPPIE
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~
music has no rules

If I had a penny for every time I heard that from the mouth of some guy trying to explain why his solos are completely atonal...
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~
music has no rules..you can do it wrong (unless you're like green days guitarist and even him looking at a guitar is wrong!)

But there should be some sort of standards and methods to have as means of measurement of progress.

If you don't want to learn the other chords, then don't, it's only going to hinder you though. It's pretty hard to decide you don't need something if you don't try it out though. If you plan on playing much of any songs, definately learn the full voicings.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Quote by nightwind
But there should be some sort of standards and methods to have as means of measurement of progress.

If you don't want to learn the other chords, then don't, it's only going to hinder you though. It's pretty hard to decide you don't need something if you don't try it out though. If you plan on playing much of any songs, definately learn the full voicings.

thats what i meant.... you dont HAVE to follow rules or scales or patterns or anything... but it helps.... like Kurt Cobain for example... he just "fell apon" his solos....
UG's HIPPIE
Well that's just the chord without the bass note, there's nothin wrong with but like already stated it wound sound as full. If you cant do a barre or dont feel comfortable doing them you could try using your thumb.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals