i do lessons at this place for 30 mins a week, its £12 a time.

is this good value or should i start to look else where?
As long as the teacher is really good then i suppose. Also depends how many teachers are in your area.
I used to pay £12 a lesson for 45 mins.
He was a decent teacher, but the bills kept piling up.
Yes, I pay £30 for an hour but I get to use my teacher's recording studio thing, and his amps etc. Also many thanks to him for selling me his Radius, yay. So yes I would say that is reasonable.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
depends on teachers reputation, prices can go up very high
I pay 2 an hour and go for an hour a week
Quote by Punk_Ninja
JMit's english!?!?

You learn something new everyday.

I'm just happy I am well enough known to you that you considered something about me..., if you see what I mean. Only an English person could have made a sentence that complicated :S . yeah I live in London (see location, taken up by lotsa stuff about satch, but it's there).
Wow some of you have really cheap lessons, but I am not about to get another teacher!
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Wow that seems really expensive. I payed 15 bucks a lesson for 30 minutse a week. And thats Canadian. And what that one guy said, 60 bucks a lesson!! Thats insane. I wouldnt go over 20 bucks american if i were you.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
I pay about 4£ per lesson, 1 lesson a week, 1-1,5 hours and my teacher has a huge reputation, i waited for about five months to get him.

Seems cheap, but here in Estonia we have such low standards that this is quite a lot.
Here in Portugal I payed 35 euros($45.00 US) for 40 minute lessons every week
Rudy da Costa
I really don't think 30 mins is long enough. I pay £15 an hour for one lesson every two weeks. I could do it every week or twice a week if I wanted but it would cost to much.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
I pay £10 for half an hour every 2 weeks, my guitar teacher is great, he has a huge waiting list.

So IMO as long as your getting a good teacher who will help you progress as a guitarist then the price should be fine