I'm just going to ask a few questions to clarify some things.

If i was to build a guitar using solid wood, Would it be difficult to drill the holes for pickup wiring to rear wired cavity?

Would it be easy to route the cavitys onto the bottom wood and then stick a top on?

Is there a 'must' to how you stick the top to the bottom?

What would be recommended for use with a double humbucker guitar?

Thanks to anybody who helps

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
You only need a long drill bit and to know a fair bit about angles if you use a solid body.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
wood (carpenter's) glue and a lot of pressure.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by Lordoflax
If i was to build a guitar using solid wood, Would it be difficult to drill the holes for pickup wiring to rear wired cavity?

It depends. If you've got a long drill bit, and the correct angle you can drill the hole into the cavity. If you're gluing a top on though, you may want to save yourself some work and route out a shallow cavity from the pickup cavity to the control cavity.

Quote by Lordoflax
Would it be easy to route the cavitys onto the bottom wood and then stick a top on?

Yes. Very easy, actually. This is how Gibson does it!

Quote by Lordoflax
Is there a 'must' to how you stick the top to the bottom?

Just use Titebond glue, and a lot of clamps. A lot of times, clamps won't reach into the center of the body, which will give you a crappy glue job. You'll need some sort of weight to put in the center of the body such as a bucket full of water, sand or rocks. Then just clamp what you can, let it set and unclamp it.

Quote by Lordoflax

Depends.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Quote by Lordoflax

Depends indeed.

Humbuckers have a naturally warm sound, as compared to single coils, so you've got to keep that in mind.
http://www.jemsite.com/jem/wood.htm
http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/options/options_bodywoods.cfm
There's some informative sites as far as how a tonewood fits on the sound spectrum.