Poll Options
View poll results: Do you hate emo?
yes
72 49%
no
76 51%
Voters: 148.
Page 1 of 2
i was just curious as to how many UGers hate emo. personally, i don't, i hate the people who do because of their own bigoted views on emos and their way of life. if anyone dislikes thisa thread, flame it all you want, get it closed, maybe a few banninations may occur, i don't care, i'm just trying to see the majority view
If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...

Quote by DigUpHerBones
I love you and think I just about understood what you said. Cheers.

Like Pokémon? Like threads?
^^What Mintsauce said. I don't rant about emos sucking, and I don't try and defend them, so if everyone stops making a big ****in deal out of a stupid thing, we'll get along.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Oh Great Lets All just die then!!!!

Are you kidding me?? Why would a normal person want to suicide anyway!?!

oh... by the way this should have been a poll
Learn to swim....

Αλλη μια πέτρα που κυλά...

[quote="Chris.Rock.Art
"]he's my "friend" he said he wanted me to see. It wasn't an accident...he wants to have sex
Emo? like fall out boy and killers or chemical romance? im sorry but im clueless.
Quote:
guy-get an ak-47 shoot him and blame it on his dog
man-he dont have one... can someone siriously help me?!
guy-just jack one froma local pet store. throw it in his yard. shoot him. duck tape the ak-14 to the dogs paw. run.. use gloves.
Quote by The_Black_Dog21
Oh Great Lets All just die then!!!!

Are you kidding me?? Why would a normal person want to suicide anyway!?!

oh... by the way this should have been a poll

Stereotyping & classification of 'Emo' there like.

I'm guessing this'll be closed soon but still,

We still could all get along if people didn't constantly complain about the music.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Emo was a genre of music!
Not people who are depressed
Not guys who wear tight jeans
A genre of goddamn music
Indeed it was. Long ago, too. Now it is a ridiculous fad that idiots follow to make themselves feel accepted into some part of society. Every individual has the ability to be unique and creative, and not just follow a fad. I don't hate the emo people, I just pity their apparent lack of true motivation to get out there and do something new and creative and let everyone know who they REALLY are.
Ibanez Custom RG 120
Epiphone Custom SG Special
Line-6 Spider III 150 Combo
Marshall MG

Quote by Paul Gilbert
"Who cares what your fingers are doing? As long as it sounds cool!"

My Website

Jon Blake Music
Quote by deathsquirrel
i i hate the people who do because of their own bigoted views on emos and their way of life.

Which in turn makes you a bigot. And seeing as you hate bigots that means you hate yourself. And if you hate yourself you are an Emo, so of course you don't hate them, now go cut yourself
I hate it, i just cant stand the music and it bores the hell out of me after half a minute of the song.

Ive tried listening to it, i cant enjoy it, therefore i am justified in saying i hate it.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Do you mean the style of dress or the attitude? I don't care about the style of dress, but the attitude is irritating.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
Thread starter. Please go beat yourself over the head with a heavy rock multiple times.

Emo is a ****ing MUSIC GENRE. THATS ALL.
Its short for emotive hardcore. Its came from punk.

Its NOT
someone that is depressed. EVERYONE gets depressed at leasts once in their life.
Its not someone that wears tight jeans. Abracrombie models wear tight jeans. Would you ever call them emo?
The emo style, I don't care for much. But I think the music is awful, and like Cory Smash said, the attitude is annoying as hell
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
"Hate" would imply that I "care" about people who are absorbed into this ridiculous subculture. It makes no difference to me wether they live on and slit their wrists, or if they all suddenly dissapear.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
STOP! STOP WITH THE EMO THREADS!

Seriously. It's like it's gone from every week to every two days we see another one.

I'm not really answering the question, but it's been done. ARGH.
emo sucks
GEAR:
Epiphone special II
Ibanez RG570
Yamaha C-40
Roland Cube 30
ENGL Fucking Fireball
Framus 2x12 W/V30's

T3H HAMMER
I wonder if this thread will still be open by the time finish this rant.....

Emo sucks because:
Its become the "thing" and the record companys have caught on to this and are hiring emo bands like AIDs, thus they can't get all the help that is needed to the new bands meaning badly made records that sell because there "emo".

Emo is genrally depressing and i've never herd to song that has the same attidude of a classic Living End song (though even they are starting to sell out) or a song that makes you want to sing along as much as just about any Flogging Molly song. And they lack emotion despite the emo means emotinal, I've been known to get very moved by certain songs, Breaking Benjamins "Forever" gave me tears in my eyes but never has this happend with any emo song.

Many Emo fans are just listing to emo to be call and fit in with the rest, witch kinda shows the personality of the bands as well, many are just there to make money instead of music, Lost Phophets, My Chemical Romance, Panic At The Disco and Evenecance have all sold out to make £££$$$$$s. And mags like Kerrang butt****s these bands, i used to get it but it just made me sick how they love sell out bands. Theres a 90% chance that one of the previous listed bands will be on the cover, its band enough to have a band on a cover for 2 weeks running but not only was MCR on the cover for 2 weeks running the 2nd week they disided to relise 5 diffrent versions of the same issue each with a diffrent MCR member on the cover, WTF why not do that on for the 1st issue.

While on the subject of Kerrang they think bands liek Paramore are punk, again WTF.

Emos say there diffrent to everyone else, how? All the emo kids I know dress as dark as they can and just blend in with the rest, theres just as much diffrence between 2 of them as there is between 2 chavs.

and finally as mentioned earler emo music tends to be depressive, take PATD they do songs about cheating on people and susicde, why? Whats so cool about killing yourself and being depressed???

I could go on about how indvidual bands **** me off and theres proably more but my memorys running low at the mo.

sorry for my bad spelling and gramma

EDIT:don't tell me i don't know anything emo is HUGE at my school and im the only non-chav that hates it.

EDIT#2:"And theres this "lets bang the goverment" thing going on, I hated the goverment and still do but the diffrence is I used to let people know at every oppotunity, then Green Day came along and it got boring and became something to do to fit in with everyone else, emo made my hate and anger at the world something thats used to become popular THAT is the biggist reason I hate it so much.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Last edited by eldanny at Jan 26, 2007,
I don't really like the music, but the people who listen to it are even worse. Dyeing their hair, wearing black looking all dark and mysterious, refusing to smile and wallowing in one another's self pity. And they call ME wierd.
Quote by sashki
I don't really like the music, but the people who listen to it are even worse. Dyeing their hair, wearing black looking all dark and mysterious, refusing to smile and wallowing in one another's self pity. And they call ME wierd.

thats what its like for me, i can uderstand the chavs hating me becuase I look diffrent but the emos bashing me because i look diffrent? I gess that proves there trying to fit in instead of trying to be individuals.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
it's emo culture that i hate. yes, emo isn't just a genre of music, it's also a culture, just like hip hop culture.

the music is terrible too, but i don't hate it. I just don't like the music, lyrics, etc.
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
I dont hate emo,and I dont listen to emo music not because I hate it,but because I dont find it appealing.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Im indifferent. People are people and I will judge them on the basis of their actions and personality.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
The question you should be asking yourself is, who the **** gives a damn?
Need.New.Sig.
OMG, i can't visit this forum anymore. Its majority is made up of emos
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Emo = emotional.

There's nothing wrong with emotion, but I mean seriously..who wants to hear someone complain on and on how they should kill themselves cause there's no hope? Get on with your life you wuss!
Get off my lawn.
Quote by Devon8822

haha

yes, I hate emo. I just can't stand that gay haircut and the whole look... just look at Trivium, that guys pants. No wonder that his voice sounds that weird.
For me emo is just a trend everyone has to follow, but I don't really hate those who "are" emo. The sad thing is, most emos just act like they have problems and depressions. I just hope they learn how it really is when you have deep depressions. Cutting your wrists as a trend... that's sad lol

Anyway gay emo music and that emo trend is what I hate. But I don't hate those who listen to/act emo. I just think they are dumb and don't have their own minds
Quote by Devon8822

No, It's made up of dirtbag, trailer trash with long hair, that listen to music thats just some guy grunting sounds.

Even if emo is short for emotional. Then everyone is emo. Emotional means expressing your emotion. And everyone is showing some kind of emotion at all times.
Quote by metallicat420
How many Emo's does it take to screw in a light bulb?

I dont know how many?
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
There is nothing wrong with them, you people just don't get too know them, you just slag them off.
Quote by eldanny
I dont know how many?

None. They just sit in the dark and cut themselves.

Apparently I listen to emo music
I like the Living End.
Actually I deny that they are emo, but whatever.

I don't care if you're emo or whatever. But don't try to push your style, beliefs, and thoughts on me. I can't stand someone who complains about their life sucking, because they have the power to change it.
I also don't like all the trend following ones.

But I could care less who you are; black, white, christian, muslim, gay, straight, emo, punk, jock, etc. Just don't tell me I'm stupid cause I'm not the same as you. And don't push your beliefs on me.

And I don't get to know most of them because of their views. I guess we just don't *click*. That and half of them make me want to kill someone (not because they are emo, but because the way they act)
Last edited by MikeWO at Jan 26, 2007,
Page 1 of 2