hi, has anyone had any experience with esp licensed floyd rose bridges? i need to know how they compare to regular non-locking tremolos and original floyd roses. thanks!
Quote by Twist of fate
Thank god! For a sec I thought I lost my virginity to a stuffed animal christmas dog!

^ Do you know who that is? It's the guitar player from Fall Out Boy.
my guitar teacher has one, he doesnt play it that much. (he plays classic rock mostly, so his LP does him good) but he says whenever he shred on it with his prog metal band it stays in tune quite well. he has to tune it "every 2 weeks or so" so its not that bad
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
compared to a standard 2 or 6 point vintage trem, KICKS ASS
compared to an original floyd, not as good, but still gets the job done

you can definately feel the difference in the 2 floyds, but if youre getting a low or mid price range guitar, the licensed floyd will be fine
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
i've heard of them going out of tune fast, is this the case?
Quote by Twist of fate
Thank god! For a sec I thought I lost my virginity to a stuffed animal christmas dog!

Quote by soadquake981
i've heard of them going out of tune fast, is this the case?

Yes, ESP trems in general are shit unless you get one above $1000. If you get lucky one of the LTD-400's will have a nice trem, but those are around $800.
Dickless.
i'm thinking about getting an ltd signature model, how should those licensed floyd be?
Quote by Twist of fate

^Dude... why the fuck did you make another thread?

The alexi-200 is pretty low-end, so the trem will probably be comparatively low-end.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by jmag
^Dude... why the fuck did you make another thread?

The alexi-200 is pretty low-end, so the trem will probably be comparatively low-end.

because since all of you guys seem set on not liking that guitar, i thought i would take apart all the parts and analyze them separately.
Quote by Twist of fate

Quote by soadquake981
because since all of you guys seem set on not liking that guitar, i thought i would take apart all the parts and analyze them separately.

They all suck, except the body wood, which is still below average. The trem is garbage, the tone is dull, the pickup can't even get a good distorted tone, let alone cleans, the neck joint is shoddy and hurts the sustain, and gets in the way of playing high on the neck.
Dickless.
esp floyd roses suck i got one u cant pull up without going out of tune and the guitar is crap itself the whole thing goes out of tune all the time
Quote by soadquake981
hi, has anyone had any experience with esp licensed floyd rose bridges? i need to know how they compare to regular non-locking tremolos and original floyd roses. thanks!

Yes i have...on a ESP-LTD mmv sn(alexi laiho signature that is only available in finland) It costs as much as an alexi-200 but has real emgs,set neck and one more pickup. Let me tell you...it sucked ass! The floyd was so bad...never kept in tune. Coudn't do any floyd stunts with it...why would you even ahve tremolo if not do that? I had it properly adjusted but it kept crapping out and i know youve heard it before in your alexi-200 thread...for gods sake believe them alreday! I have original floyd rose and the differences on those 2 are like heaven and hell. The best floyd licensed crap ive tested was on jacksons. And thats the way the cookie crumbles!
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
Just a quick note about LFR compared to OFR: A licenced floyd might stay in tune ok, but that doesn't nescesarily mean it's a good one. LFR are made of much softer metal, so they will wear down much quicker and you might need replacement parts. Even though I don't overtighten, the metal of some bits of my LFR has become worn down because of the strings pressing against it. If you really think you need a floyd rose you're better of investing in an OFR, in stead of buying a cheaper one and having to replace parts after a couple of years of intensive use.
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
Quote by Dardarian
Just a quick note about LFR compared to OFR: A licenced floyd might stay in tune ok, but that doesn't nescesarily mean it's a good one. LFR are made of much softer metal, so they will wear down much quicker and you might need replacement parts. Even though I don't overtighten, the metal of some bits of my LFR has become worn down because of the strings pressing against it. If you really think you need a floyd rose you're better of investing in an OFR, in stead of buying a cheaper one and having to replace parts after a couple of years of intensive use.

Yeah i know youre right but a good LFR can last 1-2 years. one thing is for certain though...sooner or later with active use they will crap out. OFRs are more smoothly used too and if treaten right they will treat you good back and not crap out. Anyone know anything about ZR tremolos on ibanez S series? good? My RR24 has OFR and i can feel the difference to my previous guitar.
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
Last edited by phenom1991 at Oct 17, 2007,
Quote by phenom1991
Yes i have...on a ESP-LTD mmv sn(alexi laiho signature that is only available in finland) It costs as much as an alexi-200 but has real emgs,set neck and one more pickup. Let me tell you...it sucked ass! The floyd was so bad...never kept in tune. Coudn't do any floyd stunts with it...why would you even ahve tremolo if not do that? I had it properly adjusted but it kept crapping out and i know youve heard it before in your alexi-200 thread...for gods sake believe them alreday! I have original floyd rose and the differences on those 2 are like heaven and hell. The best floyd licensed crap ive tested was on jacksons. And thats the way the cookie crumbles!

Dude your totally right !
I've bought one to and je lfr are just supah crap!
Thought it's a nice thin,
What I've done is i've changed de tremolo stuf and putted all ofr stuf on.
It's stays better in tune,and what you also have to do is put on light gaunge strings on (11-46) dr's they have a better sustain ! if you take ernie's or 9-43 just give's a crappy sound by them emghz-4 and doesn't give enough grip

hope everything ends wel !
LOL @ people in this thread making silly statements.

A licensed floyd rose is made by a company called shaller in germany. Its made out of basically the same material as a real floyd rose. They don't skimp on anything what so ever. The knife edge is still made out of high tensile stainless steel.

Licensed floyd roses are every bit as good as a real floyd rose.

Also. There exist certain ibanez's with the original lo pro floating bridge that can stay in tune for 22 years.

Its the same as in all guitar and really anything at all. You take care of it, it lasts, you don't and it won't.
Quote by sesstreets
LOL @ people in this thread making silly statements.

A licensed floyd rose is made by a company called shaller in germany. Its made out of basically the same material as a real floyd rose. They don't skimp on anything what so ever. The knife edge is still made out of high tensile stainless steel.

Licensed floyd roses are every bit as good as a real floyd rose.

Also. There exist certain ibanez's with the original lo pro floating bridge that can stay in tune for 22 years.

Its the same as in all guitar and really anything at all. You take care of it, it lasts, you don't and it won't.

We all know where you got this, and you misunderstood it. Only Schaller made licensed floyds are good. The licensed floyds on LTDs are not made by Schaller. And the lo pro doesn't stay in tune for 22 years, it just hadn't been worn out after 22 years.
Gotoh, Schaller, and Jackson LFR's are by far the best, and I doubt the LTD trem has a hardened steel baseplate, which is the basis of good tuning.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Gotoh, Schaller, and Jackson LFR's are by far the best, and I doubt the LTD trem has a hardened steel baseplate, which is the basis of good tuning.

+1

I really like the higher-end Ibanez tremolos (Pro, Lo-Pro, Zero and even the ZR).
ಠ_ಠ
Im using an ESP M100FM-LTD. I goddam hate it because of the bridge. i've had this guitar for 4 years and i cant even tap the trem bar without the tuning going sharp (up or down). It has a Licensed floyd rose on it. IMO, i'd get an OFR, or get an ibanez guitar for most if not all of them have great trems on them(at least to my knowledge).
I've got a lo pro lfr on my mmv ltd !
It's not an esp floyd,but the point is,that it's crap.
One of the string pressure holder at the back,just broke of !!
I stays never in tune,whatever strings you've got,the locking nuts are from such a shitty material,they are getting worn out,when you're not even screwing them tight !
Please people,on my jackson rx10,there is an original jackson floyd rose ! It's the best I've ever used !
Or get something with a Ibanez ZR trem

Real smooth trem and looks like its made out of good materials
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by SquierLolz
Or get something with a Ibanez ZR trem

Real smooth trem and looks like its made out of good materials

even if it weren't, it has no knife edges to go dull.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.