Greetings all, im a regular on the Musicians thread but now i need some help, i recently got fruity loops and had some questions about it....

1) Is there any way to change the setup from quarter notes to 16th notes? I don't want to have to quadruple the tempo unless i really have to.

2) can anyone suggest some really good samples, preferably .wav's for realistic sounding drumkits, also any industrial, electronic/techno, D&B and jungle style loop sets would be appreciated.

3) Last problem, i have some .mid files (i think they come w/ fruity loops) of metal loops, however i right click and send them to a new track and they don't play, i'm assuming theres something i'm missing, any suggestions?

thanks guys for any help you can provide, peace out

-z
1) Not sure. If it's anything like Cakewalk, you just change the note value drop down box.

2) Sonic Implants Soundfonts. www.sonicimplants.com - there are probably several others, but this is the place I go. Check out the Blue Jay sets. I use a software synth that uses soundfonts. I haven't been able to find a software synth worthy of replacing them. Roland is a joke.

3) Well, check the midi track properties - channel, bank, patch - all that shit. Most of the time it will need some kind of tweaking.
1. I haven't used FL in years, but from what I remember, can't you just use the piano roll to create your own notes using the pencil, instead of the drum machine interface?
^ yes you can, but all the notes are quarter notes, it appears there is a way to create 16th notes from some pics i have seen but no explanation as to how. anybody use fruity loops often enough to help me out here? i've figured out a decent chunk on my own after having only used it for maybe 2 hours but the note value is driving me NUTS!!!