ok, so I'm about to run some errands after I take a shower and stuff. I've decided that while I'm out I'm gonna make a stop at the music store and pick something up. I have some ideas of what I want, but I'm not sure yet. I really don't want to spend more than $150, though, so I'm not gonna buy anything major.

so pretend I gave you $150 and told you to go buy something for yourself. what would you buy?

here are a few things I need...

noise gate
wah pedal
strings
mic preamp
a DI box

so eh... what should I get? something from that list or something else completely? your advice is appreciated!
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Depends what you need. Prioritize. Is your signal noisy? If so, get a noise gate. Do you play a lot of music that requires Wah? If so, get a Wah... you can see where this is going :P Just go out and have a look around, don't just spend money for the sake of it though.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
as aliwilson27 said, dont spend money for the sake of it, but i say it is always a good idea to have a set or 2 of strings lying around
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
thanks, guys.

I'm not spending for the sake of spending... I need all of those things I listed. one of my acoustics has no strings, and two of my other guitars are almost due for a string changing. I really really want a wah, and yes my signal is quite noisy.

hmmm... I think I may end up going for the noise gate.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
if you wanna use ebay, you can get a noise gate/suppressor, strings, and a wah all for $150. i have always had good luck with used pedals off ebay, just talk with the seller first before buying.
if i wanted to kill another hundred bucks, id probably buy another epi Vr. or a jekyl and hyde.

what noise gate are u looking to get?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
id get the noise get. im only saying that because i need one personally though...
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Get whatever you think would help you out the most at the moment.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by BigFatSandwich
thanks, guys.

I'm not spending for the sake of spending... I need all of those things I listed. one of my acoustics has no strings, and two of my other guitars are almost due for a string changing. I really really want a wah, and yes my signal is quite noisy.

hmmm... I think I may end up going for the noise gate.

As for wah, what kind of music do you play? If you're into older rock and bluesy tones, go for a Vox V847. Should be about $100 US, or you can go for the Vox Clyde McCoy, which is... different. Just a different tone, and more expensive.
Noise gate is nice, the ISP decimator is in your price range.

Personally I'd buy a HBE psilicybe phaser.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.