In the past year I have been moving from punk to playing alot of blues and jazz. I still play punk and what not but I have a few other guitars for that. Not to long ago I get a Fender Tele and fell in love. With the next month or so Im going to be buying a vox ac15/30 and am seriously looking into the srv strat. 1. Because I love his style and 2. its gorgeous.

So my question is does anybody have it or have played it? Is it worth buying over say a regular mia strat?
Yes I have played it. Such a nice guitar. Just feels so awesome in your hands. Id so to go for it.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
It's a great guitar for Blues and Rock because it is equipped with Texas Special Pickups, which are overwound.
You would be lucky if you can handle strings with gauges that are 12's or 13's, they will sound really good with that guitar. I don't think real thin strings are going to sound good with overwound pickups, especially the unwound g.
All in all, I would go for it, but it's out of my price tag :-(
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
-Mark Twain
You might as well just get a Strat that's comfortable for you (the neck on the SRV sig is not the standard Strat neck and it has an upside-down trem) and then upgrade the pickups. BTW, you can get better Texas blues pickups than what's in the SRV sig.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Jan 26, 2007,
^ Im really just trying to find something that I wont have to modify. I know I can handle it, im not worried about that.
Quote by Sailor Jerry
^ Why would it look weird? Im not going to be using it live. Just in my apartment.

well then i guess its fine lol. i dunno i just wouldnt want someone elses name on my guitar.
Quote by Sailor Jerry
^ Im really just trying to find something that I wont have to modify. I know I can handle it, im not worried about that.

Whatever floats your boat. It's not a matter of what you can or can't handle, it's a matter of what's most comfortable. I know if it was me dropping $1,400 on a guitar, I'd get exactly what I want, not a signature model with features preferred by some other person.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
Whatever floats your boat. It's not a matter of what you can or can't handle, it's a matter of what's most comfortable. I know if it was me dropping $1,400 on a guitar, I'd get exactly what I want, not a signature model with features preferred by some other person.

I hear ya. Im just trying to get opinions. Thanks.
my opinion is that you should play mexican fenders until you find one you like, then mod the sh1t out of it

but that's just me

some people like having "made in america (by mexicans)" on the headstock
Quote by Nick_
my opinion is that you should play mexican fenders until you find one you like, then mod the sh1t out of it

but that's just me

some people like having "made in america (by mexicans)" on the headstock

I would rather own american made.
I wouldn't know too much about strats, but I hear the only one worth buying is the Eric Johnson strat, maybe check that one out also? I have yet to try it.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Sailor Jerry
I would rather own american made.

Is there a particular reason?

You do know that the two factories are about 150 miles apart and just on opposite sides of the border, and have the same machinery and share materials?
Quote by Nick_

You do know that the two factories are about 150 miles apart and just on opposite sides of the border, and have the same machinery and share materials?

i'm not sure about that, i think the wood used in american fenders is better, also all the hardware but that's just me

and to the threadstarter

the only really special thing about the srv strat is the left handed tremolo and the oval neck shape
Quote by Dirk Gently
You might as well just get a Strat that's comfortable for you (the neck on the SRV sig is not the standard Strat neck and it has an upside-down trem) and then upgrade the pickups. BTW, you can get better Texas blues pickups than what's in the SRV sig.

What Texas Blues p'ups would you suggest? I've been thinking about new p'ups and was definitely leaning in the direction of Texas Specials...
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by Strat_Monkey
What Texas Blues p'ups would you suggest? I've been thinking about new p'ups and was definitely leaning in the direction of Texas Specials...

depends..... There are different types of texas tones and the other most common is the Jimmie Vaughan strat which has Tex-Mex pickups in it
Quote by Strat_Monkey

Go to www.sdpickups.com and listen to his sound clips. You'll never look at a set of Fender single coils again. He ships internationally, but I'm not sure what that works out to with tariffs and all that. He's in the process of making a set of overwound Mojo "V" pickups for me. A lot of people on this site swear by Fralins, but I've never tried them.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Nick_

Simply not true.

Americans have better woods, hardware, tuners, etc.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp