Pretty good. Anyone else like this band?
Quote by Everybody
Plus_the_Bear is the entertainment event of the holiday season!

My rig:

Ibanez Custom Chinese Fireball
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
2 Crate solid state half-stack cabinets and ampheads.
Digitech 2000 Whammy/Wah Pedal
Dunlops Picks
I saw this band pop up in ZT and Terrorizer. Seem interesting, got a link?
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
I've heard one song with them with the guy from Xasthur on vocals and it was ace, then I downloaded one of their albums and it bored the hell out of me. :/
I'm listening to stuff on their myspace now.

I can get the hype, this is pretty good stuff I must say.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Dont underestimate my laziness.

They sound very american wich is good because it has nice twist to things wich you either love or hate.

And almost no german song names! Awesome!
Last edited by Davidian at Jan 26, 2007,
Yes they are good. Im listening to Eulogy IV right now. Blues solos + BM = w1n
Our skin worn thin
Our bones exposed
Life reduced to ticks
I havent checked these guys out, but Revolver, Terrorizer and others are raving about it so I've been thinking about buying it since I like Xasthur and Leviathan...
I've only heard the demo Holocaust of Etrenity and the quality sucked so bad that it's hard to say if they'r good. I'd have to listen to something else.
I'm entitled to double post, so fück off!!!
I might see them with 1349.

I downloaded their newest album. It's pretty good.
Does anyone have a link to some media somewhere where I could download a sample song? I looked around on their website and the record label's site...nuthin. And stupid p2p programs never have anything from them. I just want to hear what they sound like, first...
Quote by Bottled Ink Co.
Does anyone have a link to some media somewhere where I could download a sample song? I looked around on their website and the record label's site...nuthin. And stupid p2p programs never have anything from them. I just want to hear what they sound like, first...

err....google is your friend?

http://www.myspace.com/nachtmystium
I've found Jesus
Ah yes, I've seen the Myspace page, but alas I have dial-up and unfortunately it sucks for audio/video streaming anything whatsoever.

If I tried to play one of the songs, I'd get about five seconds, then it would buffer for about another thirty. Hearing teeny bursts of sound every half minute doesn't really help much...
Quote by Contraband
They're coming here with 1349 I believe.

And Averse Sefira. Too bad they aren't coming to Austin or I would jump all over that ****ing tour.
Maannnn, my copy of Instinct: Decay arrived today. ****ing great album! This band is beyond awesome.

A Seed For Suffering and Chosen By No One are classics. Period.

What are everyone's thoughts about them being signed to Century Media? This is a major metal label, for those who don't know.
Sick band, saw them open for 1349 and they put on a sick show.

Instinct: Decay is amazing.
the new track sounds like indie rock with Filosofem-era Burzum vocals lol

with synth melodies too
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Do they have a new album coming out?

Instinct: decay and Assassins of black metal were pretty sweet.
What, exactly, is the appeal of this band? Everything I've heard by them seems to consist of shitty, generic riffs that may or may not have been found wadded up in the trash outside the studio where Darkthrone shat out Plaguewielder, strung together into "songs" with the most boring bits of late 80s hardcore, leads that are evocative of a dystopian nightmare world where James Murphy joined the Catholic church for the altar boys, and "atmospheric" bits that somehow manage to make Opeth seem clever. It's like every bad contemporary black metal cliche as interpreted by a trained chimp.
Quote by Dylar
What, exactly, is the appeal of this band? Everything I've heard by them seems to consist of shitty, generic riffs that may or may not have been found wadded up in the trash outside the studio where Darkthrone shat out Plaguewielder, strung together into "songs" with the most boring bits of late 80s hardcore, leads that are evocative of a dystopian nightmare world where James Murphy joined the Catholic church for the altar boys, and "atmospheric" bits that somehow manage to make Opeth seem clever. It's like every bad contemporary black metal cliche as interpreted by a trained chimp.

I have no idea half the bands you spewed out, but the riffs are fun.
Quote by Dylar
Really? You don't know who Darkthrone, James Murphy or Opeth are? Have you heard of Metallica?

I was kidding. But Darkthrone is so bad I've blocked out all their riffs. I know Opeth but not James Murphy.

Some songs are a bit too long, Specifically the first real song on Assassins or w/e. That 3-4 minute synthesizer bit at the end? It's just annoying.
people seem to have an affinity to dull, generic riffs
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
For your edification: James Murphy was a legendary band ***** of a lead guitarist back in the glory years of death metal. He did stints in Death and Obituary, most notably, as well as about a thousand other bands, most of which sucked, as well as leading his own, thoroughly mediocre outfit (Disincarnate). It think he even released a solo album at one point. He was constitutionally incapable of adapting his style (a hybrid of sort of shreddy heavy metal crap and Slayer-style noise making) to the bands he played in. When it worked (Obituary's Cause of Death), it worked, but mostly it just sounded like a guy cashing checks.
Last edited by Dylar at Apr 21, 2010,
Well, Instinct: decay is just a traditional melodic black metal album, with some catchiness, and the production is nice. The opening track is probably my favourite.

Assassins is a step in a more rock/"pink Floyd" influenced sound with those synths. And the one seasick song has a nice sax solo in it. I guess I like this band for the progressions and melodies.