GUYS u r not helping ...if u know full tube small amps ( for practicing ) and have a good distortion just write their name ... my guitar is probably a hellraiser....
i play mettalica's , lamb of god's , slayer's , malmsteen's , and u know metalcore core stuff ...but also some bluesy stuff
Last edited by beero at Jan 26, 2007,
No valve amp is really that great as a practice amp (unless it's 1/2 a watt or something) . What's your price range, what kind of sound do you want, etc.
Last edited by codybcool at Jan 26, 2007,
We're not helping? Help US by telling us a price range and some bands you like.

edit- your guitar is PROBABLY a Hellraiser?
Quote by beero
GUYS u r not helping ...if u know full tube small amps ( for practicing ) and have a good distortion just write their name ... my guitar is probably a hellraiser....

WTF??

Quote by codybcool
No valve amp is really that great for practicing. What's your price range, what kind of sound do you want, etc.

and yet another WTF????
yes i'm getting that guitar...coz i want sth good ... l also i want to buy a somehow good amp..since in my country we have no good amps neither guitars ...and since my friend is getting me that stuff from america ...i have to make a choice...
price range for amp...say 175$
$175? Youre better off going with a decent modeling amp like a Valvetronix or a Cube to be honest.
Im just going to go on my guy instinct here...But if you have to come on a forum asking those questions about tube amps and your saying your guitar is probably a hellraiser is telling me that your thinking about playing guitar or your trying to get rid of yoru shitty squier and small 5 watt crate amp that your parents got for you and get some real equiupment, if this is true in the least bit. You dont need a vavle amp at this point.............
^It all depends on the type of amp wattage of amp, brand of amp, and all that jazz.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
i'm buying the hellraiser coz i dont want to buy another guitar in the next 3-4 years and i want to buy a good amp for the same reason and i want it small coz we live in an appartment and i also want all tube since many guys told me EMGs need tube amps to sound good !! so help me please !!!
Quote by beero
how much do all tube amps cost btw ??

IMO "budget" tube amps arent really worth it. Sub-par sound, sub-par build...etc.

All tube amps that are even worth mentioning are expensive though.
Quote by codybcool
I meant as a practice amp. Which generally means low volumes.

That is a general rule of thumb but allot of modern amps enable you to play at bedroom volumes while still getting great tone.....or you just get a hot plate for the vintages.
Quote by beero
i'm buying the hellraiser coz i dont want to buy another guitar in the next 3-4 years and i want to buy a good amp for the same reason and i want it small coz we live in an appartment and i also want all tube since many guys told me EMGs need tube amps to sound good !! so help me please !!!

how long have you been playing? and those guys are lying to you.
guys i have about a week to make my mind so as to tell my friend in america to bring the right stuff
I think you'd be better off buying a nice solid state amp judging by your music tastes and the way you come across as a bedroom guitarist.

v Yes, you should probably go with the Roland Cube.
Last edited by Dobzilla at Jan 26, 2007,
so should i go with a roland cube 15x......many people suggested that model ...wat do u think
i have been playing for more than one year ...but i'm bot that bad .. i mean i had no difficulties in the beginning and i can see myself getting better and better everyday
the cube 15x is good, but don't expect to go gigging with it. not enough volume, unless you mic it.

and EMGs don't need tube amps to sound good.

and ignore jaredface.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
the cube 15x is good, but don't expect to go gigging with it. not enough volume, unless you mic it.

and EMGs don't need tube amps to sound good.

and ignore jaredface.

Yeah, my EMGs still sound shit with tubes.

lolz.
Quote by Chips-
$175 tube amp?! Epiphone Valve Junior?

No. The Epi VJ is no good to this guy, same goes for any valve amp. The VJ is too loud for an apartment (assuming it's not huge or no neighbours).
cheapest tube amp i've seen is valve junior head. But you need a cab. The combo is lame because it has a damn 8 inch speaker.

Sorry dude you have to have atleast 400 dollars to get a good head and thats without the cab.
To reinforce what everyone else is saying, you aren't going to get a full tube amp for that much unless you build it yourself. Also, you said you live in an apartment so you're going to need something really quiet. A full tube amp will have you evicted within a week, they just don't get quiet enough and still sound have decent, ever. Also, you want to play metal it seems, a full tube amp that has a lot of gain is a. expensive, you're probably looking at close to a grand and b. very loud, more than enough to get you evicted. Basically the only thing in your price range is a very low watt modeling practice amp. Or a valve junior which still gets very loud and doesn't do metal at all (at least not without some serious help form pedals). Look at the Cube 20X (a tiny bit over your price range, but has effects the Cube 15X doesn't). I think Vox has a Valvetronix modelling amp around there too, those are your two best bets. If

Also, when you said full tube amp, I thought you meant you were sick of most tube amps that aren't actually full tube (solid state rectifier and such), in which case you'd have to look into like, a Mesa or something, and you're looking at a grand or two there.
thanx..guys ..i didn't know full tube amps were that expensive...i thought it would cost aroung 175$ since it is a small one ....anyway....at first i wanted hybrid amps..but many guys told me that they dont sound better than solid state amps..and that the hybrid name (having some tubes) is just to make it more expensive not that it will sound better ...so i thought of buying a full tube amp...also many of them said that they could buy a full tube amp with the price of a hybrid one....i cant make a discision..since many of u guys say opposite things
Epiphone Valve Junior
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.

Quote by beero

Jeez, maybe if you paid some attention to your Syntax and general attitude you might get more help round here. Yeah prolly go with a cube. IMO, they're the best bedroom practice amps you can get for your budget.

edit: I bought mine just last week and I played them all, the Vox Valvetronix, the H&K und even the new Spider, but the Cube 30X owned them all. This hybrid thing is BS, like someone said in another thread: "They might as well tape a tube to the side of the amp and sell it as a hybrid, cause it does nothing to the sound- its still a SS amp" ^^
Last edited by alreadygone at Jan 27, 2007,