Does anyone know what amps The Kinks used when they first started?
Quote by OtisB Driftwood
David Hassolhoff Is the god of death metal

Quote by Kantroce
What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

My gear
Schecter Tempest Custom
Peavey VK112
Fulltone OCD
Line 6 Verbzilla
Line 6 DL-4
Xotic Effects AC Boost
Rocktron Tri-Wah
I don't now, but to take a stab in the dark, I would say Selmer or Vox or something. I'll try and dig something up.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
I've always wondered this aswell.

They sometimes slashed their speakers aswell.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Aparently, Both Dave and Ray used AC30s, but I don't know at what time they used them.

EDIT: It must have been used early on, because Dave Davies had one before they recorded "You Really Got Me", as he ran his green amp (Elpico amp) through the AC30. Then of course he slashed the cone on the Elpico which was used to record "You Really Got Me".
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Last edited by Calum_Barrow at Jan 26, 2007,
I'm seeing Ray Davies in May, the gig was postponed for some reason though. I've still not heard any of his solo stuff yet...
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Xeus
i always see them with telecasters in the videos...... thats probably not that helpful. Didn't Jimmy Page have something to do with them in the studio? Im probably completley wrong

Yeah Page supossedly play the guitar part to that song (not the guitar solo though) Ritchie Balckmore says this is right as John Lord (from Deep Purple was there)
"An eye for an eye, makes the whole world blind"- Mahatma Ghandi
You can get a kinks tone out of an ac30? Nice!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Actually, their speaker cones were damaged by jamming 2 knitting needles through them, rather than straight slashing.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Jimmy Page were all Yardbirds gutarists, not all at the same time.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
You're going to have to buy an AC30 and mistreat it, as well as cranking it.
Sent from my iPad.
Why would you name your kid Dave Davies

but yeah, AC30's would be your best bet.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by Dog Eat Dog
Yeah Page supossedly play the guitar part to that song (not the guitar solo though) Ritchie Balckmore says this is right as John Lord (from Deep Purple was there)

Jimmy Page has denied playing guitar on You Really Got Me...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009