http://patrickjennewein.dmusic.com/

hey, im 14 so the vocals may not be the best but i tried the best i could. I used lots of multitracking as you could probably tell. I used a toneport for all of this. Thanks for listening, and crit for crit as always

http://patrickjennewein.dmusic.com/
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Well obviously vocals weren't great, but you knew that. I liked your tone though, what settings did you use?
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
Quote by catempire
Well obviously vocals weren't great, but you knew that. I liked your tone though, what settings did you use?

ok well, were the vocals at least good enough to be able to listen to?

i used an epiphone sheraton II on the neck pickup and the tone rolled down, if you own Gearbox than my settings were

Jazz Clean amp model
Bass: 7
Mid: 3
Treble: 7
No Gain
Presence: around 8
a little bit of noise gate
cavernous reverb
tube echo delay
lots of chorus
and the tempo was 82 if you want the effects exactly
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Yeah, like I said, not great, but they were ok. I thought they were definitely listenable.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
It was okay. I think that playing the chords instead of picking them really takes away from the feel of the song. It also seemed a little a little slow and too bassy. The vocals weren't too bad, but your pitch was on and off and there wasn't enough emotion.

It was decent, I'd give it a 7/10.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
it was a little muffled and slow. otherwise it was ok
"there is a man...
playing a violin...
and the strings...
are the veins in his own arm."
its because of the effects i use, i liked the sound so i stuck with it
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

I liked it. Vocals were definitely listen able, but I don't think a lot of people are going to shine singing Jeff Buckley. The only thing I didn't like was the vocal doubling effect; it seemed a bit too pronounced. Other than that, good effort.
Last edited by Acoustic#3 at Feb 1, 2007,
I thought it was quite good actually. I've heard a hellalot worse versions, like on youtube n that.

I wouldn't be so down on your vocals, at least they were in key! Also, I'm loving that guitar tone, what're you using to get such heavily reverbed guitar?

Anyways, a pretty enjoyable cover, even if you didnt travel far from Buckleys cover.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=515854
hey thanks for all your crits. I got lots of homework so ill get to ur songs later
thanks again

EDIT: im using toneport ux2 with chorus, tons of reverb, a sheraton II with neck pickup's tone rolled back
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

if you're using the ux2 then why does it sound so.....poorly recorded. listen to my stuff: purevolume.com/kevinnolan and that's with the ux1
"there is a man...
playing a violin...
and the strings...
Quote by not_enough
if you're using the ux2 then why does it sound so.....poorly recorded. listen to my stuff: purevolume.com/kevinnolan and that's with the ux1

its the effects i use, i liked the sound........i dont think it sounds POORLY recorded at all
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

I don't know the original song, man I love your tone!
Overall the level is very low, you could afford to bump the master a bit.
Vocals aren't very bad at all, but the guitar tone tone is very fat and loud and overpowers them towards the beginning.
Quote by not_enough
Yeah exactly, he's going to go and listen to your stuff after you bashed his recording. M-hmm. stfu
Sweet recording man, crit mine? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517743
Thanks.
Quote by ygokazuki
I don't know the original song, man I love your tone!
Overall the level is very low, you could afford to bump the master a bit.
Vocals aren't very bad at all, but the guitar tone tone is very fat and loud and overpowers them towards the beginning.
Yeah exactly, he's going to go and listen to your stuff after you bashed his recording. M-hmm. stfu
Sweet recording man, crit mine? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517743
Thanks.

why is it that people assume that saying something wasn't good was "bashing" them? I wasn't bashing, I'm entitled to my opinion and I gave it. if you people weren't looking for opinions you shouldn't be on here.
"there is a man...
playing a violin...
and the strings...
Quote by not_enough
why is it that people assume that saying something wasn't good was "bashing" them? I wasn't bashing, I'm entitled to my opinion and I gave it. if you people weren't looking for opinions you shouldn't be on here.
Alright, that was a mistake on my part. I didn't read your earilier reply to the fred. >.>
Critting while listening. I like the guitar and tone. Good work there. I thought the vocals were recorded too soft. Mix it again and turn up the vocals. I couldn't hear what you were saying. Your vocal tone was good though but a little less reverb on the vocals. I could give more of a crit on the vocals if I could hear them better. I have never heard the original so I can't compare. But guitar playing was excellent. At age 14, you are doing very well, just keep at it.

Crit my version of Plush?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518105
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

"I see, you've been blinded by what you believe" Sully Erna
Typing as I´m listening. Guitar playing and tone of it sounds good. Ok it´s not picked like the Jeff Buckley original version but anyway. It sound good. Your voice isn`t that bad as you say. Not as bad as mine ;-) So overall good work on this. And maybe try to practice the original version. I would love to hear this one.

Here is my latest cover version of Linkin Parks Numb (Iknow not the best but anyway)

Link: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518525
*No Advertising*