Ok UG Gurus,once again I ask for your assistance.....

So I decided to switch out the stock tubes on my 6505+. I emailed Bob at Eurotubes and have decided on going with what he suggested, but my question is, how hard is it to replace the tubes? I've never messed with this before, so I have no clue. Also, how hard is it to adjust the bias? Again, never messed with this either. Are either of these something someone with no experience should be attempting, or should I fork out the cash and get a tech to do it instead? If the latter is the more viable option, then approx. how much should someone charge to do this?

Thanks!
My current rig:
Schecter C-1 Elite EMG 81/85

Ovation CC48

Peavey 6505 Plus half stack

MXR KFK 10 band EQ
MXR Super Comp
MXR Smart Gate
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell
VS Jeckyll and Hyde OD
EHx Holy Grail
EHx Stereo Memory Man
It's more or less as difficult as replacing a light bulb, probably easier. For rebiasing you need a bias pot, which the amp may or may not already have, or a bias kit.
actually, replacing tubes is easier than lightbulbs, i can never get lightbulbs threaded right.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I think the 6505 has a self-biasing deal that will send even currents through the tubes. So you don't have to worry about changing the bias really. They still have a fixed bias but thats only for changing the overall voltage (which you do when switching to different types of tubes...6550's run at lower voltages then EL34's for example).

If the 6505 doesn't self bias then get a pro to do it. Taking one apart and adjusting the bias post inside is very dangerous because the amp has to be powered up to do it. Touch one wrong spot inside and its lights out. You really need to know what your doing.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Thanks for anwering my q's! Bob said something about the bias being essentially plug and play if I stick with the same tubes, so I guess that makes sense with what you guys are telling me.
My current rig:
Schecter C-1 Elite EMG 81/85

Ovation CC48

Peavey 6505 Plus half stack

MXR KFK 10 band EQ
MXR Super Comp
MXR Smart Gate
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell
VS Jeckyll and Hyde OD
EHx Holy Grail
EHx Stereo Memory Man