I think it's stupid how alot of guitars and amps are drastically overpriced simply because they've got a brand name slapped on them. I know of alot of guitars that are excellent quality yet don't get the recognition they deserve. So, to test this theory, im going to post the setup of my guitar but not mention the manufacturer or type, and i was wondering if anyone could estimate what i payed for it; feel free to do so for your own gear or something;

24 Frets
Basswood body
Maple neck
Neck thru
Original floyd rose double locking floating trem
Quadrail pickups (the equivalent of 4 regular humbuckers) with coil tapping
Gotoh sg machine heads
1 volume knob and 1 master tone
3 way pickup selector

any estimates? sorry if this is a dumb idea but it will also help if i decide to sell it.
Yeah, I have a:

Red car with a fiberglass body
5 ltr V8
Leather interior
6 speed
Air conditioning
hi-watt headlights

Can anybody tell me what that's worth?

Hey dude, unless I can touch/see/hear it, I can't tell you what it's worth, and I would be hesitant about anybody that says they know what your guitar is worth without hands-experience.

It doesn't matter if it's made from the finest materials on Earth. It's how it's made and how it's played that makes it worth something.

What's the deal with money anyway? If it's so great, why would you sell it?
im gonna guess at least 700 bucks for the guitar.

and i know nothing about cars so i'll stay out of that one
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
kramer.

edit: actually, probably not. I saw the quadrail pickups and jumped the gun.

I have no idea.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's definitely a kramer, judging by the pickups and "gotoh sg" machine heads.

So... I guess $499.
^ yeah, the gotoh sg's, i forgot about those.

Can't think of any basswood musicyo kramers offhand, though...

?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
maybe he got a used one? I know Sam Ash Indianapolis was selling a non-musicyo Kramer a few months ago for around $500.
Quote by matt6666

any estimates? sorry if this is a dumb idea but it will also help if i decide to sell it.

wait i thought u said it was great quality?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Kramer. Or maybe a custom build, but I'm going to go for kramer. About $475
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1
London City Spitfire II (Modded)
Squire Tele Custom (Modded)

Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
I think it's stupid how alot of guitars and amps are drastically overpriced simply because they've got a brand name slapped on them.

For "guitars and amps" substitute...

watches
clothes
cars
kitchen utensils
pc components
sunglasses

etc, etc

We live in a capitalist, consumerist society, brand names are everything...that's just how it is.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yay for brand loyalty!

*wants to go into marketing*

already been there...looking to go back
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
my favorite is product placement in movies.

if it's a disney film, and you see them drinking a soda it has to be a Coke product, sold exclusively at disney parks, if they eat a snack, its a dannon yogurt.
-fast food has to be Mc donalds. chips are ruffles.
-happy meals in Mc d's carry disney characters.
-pirates of the caribbean, is a disney ride and the movie was pumped all over Mcd's
-there is a pirate on my kellogg's rice crispies box.

nick cartoons are in BK happy meals. bk, sells pepsi, pepsi and taco bell, sell frito lay, and serve pespi products.
-pepsi is pushed in universal films. and sold at universal and stan lee superhero parks.
in the movie Twister, when they were cutting up soda cans to release into the tornado, they needed hundreds of soda cans. they were all pepsi products....

why would u want to go into that business.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

hmm i got for the more spec side of things rather than the make all though a good manufacutre mean good quality
TUNED

Join now ^^^^^ NEW GUITAR FORUM ^^^^^^
Quote by Danno13
maybe he got a used one? I know Sam Ash Indianapolis was selling a non-musicyo Kramer a few months ago for around $500.

yep, maybe.

Quote by steven seagull
We live in a capitalist, consumerist society, brand names are everything...that's just how it is.

yep, it's BS, but if you have any wit you can use it to your advantage. You can get good quality stuff that's not "cool" for cheap.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
can we get back on topic? i think about 600-700$ im not a fan of basswood though
And plunged the long blade through the masking tape, through the cushoning and *splat* right through the center of Waldo Jeffers head, which split slightly, causing little rythmic arcs of red to pulsate gently in the morning sun.
^umm, who are u talking to. the TS posted once.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

^^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?