At the moment I've got just enough money to get the amp i want, a Randall RG50TC, although something better than that and in the same price range (about £400) would be awesome

I play hard rock/heavy metal (GnR, Pantera, Metallica, BLS) and a few lighter crunch to clean sounding stuff (AC/DC and some blues stuff), and I've heard that this amp can pretty much deliver on those fronts. So Is this amp a good choice?

aaaaaaanndddd....

Within a few months I'll be hopefully selling my old drum kit, and getting a fair amount of money for that (£350 if i'm lucky ) and i'll also have possibly enough to double that as well, but i wouldn't spend all of it, so around £600 for a guitar, given what I play and what amp i'll possibly be using, what would you guys recommend?
Funny words.
spend £600 on the amp and £400 on the guitar. Or better yet, £700 on the amp and £300 on the guitar.

I'd take a look at some of the engls, probably screamer. Blackmore would be worth a shot too, but you'd need to budget for a speaker cab too as it's head-only.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?