I know this question might seem odd to some people, but I've always wondered who makes the best instrument cables out there. I mean with the best sound quality, the best unwanted noise reduction, and best durability. I have heard some say that Monster makes pretty good instrument cables, but I really don't know who to trust
I use Monster cables, more expensive than normal cables, but they're worth it, plus for me cables last ages, so I'm not changing them every few months
Funny words.
I saw some cables with the interior stuff made with pure gold. in Guitar world (AUG 05). 1000$ per foot. But I'm guessing they will probably outlive you, and have enough noise reduction to make you cry.
planet waves makes a quality cable
lifetime warranty...how can you go wrong!
CO-Founder of the Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Member#15 of the RushClub
and Alex Lifesons biggest fan

Pm Maet to join

Proud Member of the Yes Club
Pm TheHeartbreaker to join
Quote by timmEH

+1
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
Quote by NoneMoreBlack
I saw some cables with the interior stuff made with pure gold. in Guitar world (AUG 05). 1000$ per foot. But I'm guessing they will probably outlive you, and have enough noise reduction to make you cry.

Seriously? $1000 per foot? I don't think any cable is that good
Funny words.
MONSTER CABLES!!
haha i must look like a right fanboy there,,/ but seriously they were so much better than my plant wave ones, much more tone and truer sound
LOVELY
deff worth the price
Monster cables are good. but the inner stuff is stiff and can snap in half. its happend to me twice and to other people i know. i use to use planet waves until it got stolen after one gig.....sucks anyways planet waves and monster cable are good equally and they both have a lifetime warrenty. and and also...radioshack gold cables arent that bad....surprizingly
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
here are a lot of good ones
www.lavacable.com
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
+1000000000000000000000 for monster cables!
Epi Les Pau Quilt topl~Emg 81/85 Ghs 11's(1/2 step drop)
Charvel Model 4 EMG 81/SA/85 DR 10's (standard){for sale}
Peavey Deuce VT
Marshall JCM 800
Dunlop ZW-45 wylde wah
Dunlop RotoVibe
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Boss CE-5 Chorus
I know a distributor for monster cables stuff. There is no shit, sometimes a 500% markup on that shit. It is grossely over priced. He told me that first hand.
http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2006/12/17/18338281.php

There are many more accounts w/monster and workers rights than this.

I know these things happen, but monster has a grown black cloud over its head. They have been under fire for sometime over workers rights. I'm sure I own lots of stuff (without knowing) where the company has F'ed over thousands of people to make a buck but monster's half assed cables I do not. Get George L's or Planet Waves.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
I've got a Planet wave and I don't really like the locking type thing it has; it makes it hard to get it in and out and sometimes you push it far enough in and it works, but then bump it and it stops. You have to ram it in really hard ( ) to get it to stay and work.
Quote by timmEH

I've broken two, just by overuse as far as I can tell. I know they've got the warranty and everything, but it is a little frustrating.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Really I have no damn clue. I use DiMarzio cables because they're pretty tough, I like the silver look, and well... I dunno.
haa, i've been using monster and planet waves cables because i thought they'd be durable and last. but unfortunately they repeatedly crapped out on me.

surprisingly, i've been using some generic brand cords from my local radio shack and they sound great and show no signs of wear after about 6 months.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
george L's. greatest. cables. ever.
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
thanks guys, i actually got dimarzio from musician's friend...it actually seemes to have the most good reviews compared to the others....just wanted to try something different, and actually, to the guy who said radio shack cables, I have one but it has new connectors on either end. The way they screw their gold connectors into the plastic shell sucks because i was playing a gig once, stepped on the cable and it completely snapped out. My dad took it to work though, added some much better connectors and now it works fine.
There's all these boutique-style cables out there now, very pricy for such a short distance.
I'm happy with my Planet Waves for now.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
The Monster cables don't look right, just like Planet Waves. I don't like molded plugs, because I can't fix it if a wire goes loose. Since I've started using Neutrik jacks I'm never going back to anything else (unless I find something better), I just have problems findig good cable I can attach the jacks too. I've heard that George L's cable is supposed to be great, and that their connectors suck ass (they're solderless, no wonder).
Me.

Hella cheaper than Monster or any other overpriced, over-hyped crap.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
bullet cables are cool. gold plated heavy duty and coil up so you don't trip.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I've used the same $10 twenty foot no name cable for 5 years. Never failed on me, better tone then other cables i've used.

I don't see why people go all out and pay alot for cables. Lifetime warranty or not...cables break. Though the locking planet waves is cool...just "string" your cable over your strap button, through the strap. If you step on it accidentally, its not going anywhere.

Edit: ^random pic i grabbed off google.
I use monster cables, a litlte more expensive but they have a lifetime warranty as well
meh, theyre all really similar. I'm not to fussy about it, all your really paying for is durability..

edit: and brand name..
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
At first I used Guv'Nor cables, now I use Live Wire proffesional cables. I've had no problems with them either.
I'd sayp lanet waves, or george Ls And I wrap my cord over my strap like that picture does with all of my cords. Cords are meant to pop out easily (besides planet waves) so for extra measure I always wrap it around. Plus it looks like I know what I'm doing