i have solo and ensemble contest tomorrow morning for band, which i'm not looking forward to. i can't get a few of my scales down, which i hope i don't have to play, and i know i'm going to fumble in my solo piano. i'm also playing timpani in a percussion ensemble, and there's one part where i usually mess up my timing, and i can't roll worth crap . i put my piano solo on myspace so maybe someone could tell me what rating they'd give me, 1 being the best, 5 being i suck. i'm hoping for a 2. it's a crappy recording and i have a crappy piano, so it's not too good quality.
the solo's the third movement of Sonatina In C by Muzio Clementi, and i don't have a recording, but the ensemble is Discussion; i don't know who it's by but it's pretty sweet. i get to play a $75,000 baby grand for the solo.
listen
i fumbled in a couple spots in the solo but kept going.
Some of your root notes where missed in some parts?

It was alright. I'd say 2.5
It sounds pretty good. I'd give it a 1.5 cause it sounds good but some parts it sounds like the piano is out of tune. But thats not your fault.
Quote by Zuka
Some of your root notes where missed in some parts?

It was alright. I'd say 2.5

since i've never learned too much theory or anything (wtf, i know), what are root notes?
Quote by frottage
since i've never learned too much theory or anything (wtf, i know), what are root notes?

Root notes, like a C in C-E-G?

I just meant some parts you weren't playing the Bass notes (Your left hand).
You're going to be playing a piano solo and you can't even get your scales down...?

Anyways, I gave it a listen. Was pretty decent, and it will probably sound a lot better on the grand piano. So, I'll give it a 2.5 out of 5.
Quote by Zuka
Root notes, like a C in C-E-G?

I just meant some parts you weren't playing the Bass notes (Your left hand).

ah. i believe i played all of them, maybe i'm wrong.

Quote by yawn
You're going to be playing a piano solo and you can't even get your scales down...?

i always mess up the fingering for Eb major and A major. i don't know if you know how i have to do it, but you have to play both hands at once and do two octaves. some of the scales are easy but it's hard paying attention to your fourths with both hands at the same time.