Page 1 of 2
Ive never really liked metal because i thought it sounded like satan himself was doing the vocals, and I still hate characteristic of meta. and don't flame me for it because If you like it, that's great, I'm just saying I don't. Anyways, I need some help. I've recently been listening to a few sos from a couple metal bands (Slayer, Pantera, Metallica) and I realized that I would really like metal if I found the right band.

That's where I need help.

I LOVE soloing in Slayer's Raining Blood and I personally think Metallica has perfect metal vocals, but that's my sole oppinion. I need help finding a band that doesn't have evil Lamb of God vocals and is still a great metal band. Lamb of God would be AWESOME if they didn't have the vocals. I absolutely love their guitar and soloing, but I still hate them because of their vocals. I like metal that doesn't have to much of the really distorted, funky metal tuning sound, like Pantera (not to bash on Pantera). I like some, but I like it when there is a lot of soloing going on through the whole song, not just just certain points, sort of like Guns N Roses.

Any suggestions?
Well, you could try some Iron Maiden, but i dont think their too much like pantera though, but he does have a distinct voice that you may like.
if you want something different try rage against the machine, rap/hardrock and tom morello is a classically metal taught gutiarist, but he just loves the crazy ass effects
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by flyingmarlin
if you want something different try rage against the machine, rap/hardrock and tom morello is a classically metal taught gutiarist, but he just loves the crazy ass effects

I don't really like rap/rock. Actually, I don't really like rap in any way, shape or form. But thanks anyways.
Quote by severed-metal
Well, you could try some Iron Maiden, but i dont think their too much like pantera though, but he does have a distinct voice that you may like.

I like Iron Maiden.
Quote by yawn
You like Slayer's solos?

not neccessarily the solo's, I just like how sometimes they kinda solo a bit through the entire song, not just slapping down big fat metal power chords the entire chorus like other bands do.
Anyways, maybe try power metal. It's a lot less heavy, but at least the vocals are usually very clean and operatic. Sonata Arctica has a very upbeat vibe
lamb of god rips your face off... try mastodon. their more prog-metal, but they dont really scream that much
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Try power metal specifically Blind Guardian.

Or for prog maybe Dream theatre or Opeth.
NEW trivium - Try the Crusade

MAYBE Children Of Bodom but im not sure bout them for you
Quote by merfsullivan
Doesn't Pantera play in standard tuning?

not very much

any who....try megadeth, iron maiden and/or iced earth

im not one for the whole screaming my ass off type of music either
Or, if you want heavier metal, then why not just go for Metallica? The vocals usually aren't too "growly".
Quote by jsxxx
go buy Trivium's newest album 'The Crusade'

I like Trivium's guitar, but their vocals fall under the category I don't like.
try some anthrax, testament and trivium.
You might also be interested in Nevermore.
Quote by halfback_712
Ive never really liked metal because i thought it sounded like satan himself was doing the vocals, and I still hate characteristic of meta. and don't flame me for it because If you like it, that's great, I'm just saying I don't. Anyways, I need some help. I've recently been listening to a few sos from a couple metal bands (Slayer, Pantera, Metallica) and I realized that I would really like metal if I found the right band.

I LOVE soloing in Slayer's Raining Blood and I personally think Metallica has perfect metal vocals, but that's my sole oppinion. I need help finding a band that doesn't have evil Lamb of God vocals and is still a great metal band. Lamb of God would be AWESOME if they didn't have the vocals. I absolutely love their guitar and soloing, but I still hate them because of their vocals. I like metal that doesn't have to much of the really distorted, funky metal tuning sound, like Pantera (not to bash on Pantera). I like some, but I like it when there is a lot of soloing going on through the whole song, not just just certain points, sort of like Guns N Roses.

Any suggestions?

sounds like you need a little Dragonforce...
Quote by killbox2490
Once at chruch, I was at a group thing so I was laying down on the couch then all of a sudden some girl goes up to me starts rubbing my shoe ferociousely and goes " I want sex"......
Racer X?

Quote by sickminded fool
sounds like you need a little Dragonforce...

I lawled
This one time I went to fuck my girlfriend, but I forgot it was April Fool's day. Well, I stuck my penis in, and it turns out she had put hot sauce in her pussy. The rest of the night was pretty bad.

0.999... = 1
Try Dream Theater, Anthrax, Iron Maiden, Sonata Arctica, and/or Metallica
You said you like vocals like Hetfield from metallica, Heafy from Trivium on the Crusade sounds similar to Hetfield.
http://music.msn.com/artist/?artist=42062644#

^I don't think Racer X is what I'm looking for...

thanks to whoever mentioned Dragonforce I like them, but I don't like that funky special effects kit thing they use...or at least it sounds like the use.

If Slayer had a just a little bit of Dragonforce in it I would love them.
Maybe, you would like Dream Theater as previously mentioned. Train Of Thought is a good album that is kind of like Metallica.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
I think you just need to stop being a picky little fucker
my thoughts exactly... BUT maybe you should try Killswitch Engage or Lacuna Coil
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick

what a dumb comment
Agreed. What the hell are you looking for? What ARE you in to?
This one time I went to fuck my girlfriend, but I forgot it was April Fool's day. Well, I stuck my penis in, and it turns out she had put hot sauce in her pussy. The rest of the night was pretty bad.

0.999... = 1
Quote by halfback_712

Any suggestions?

wrong forum. Also, you suck.

Randy Blythe > you.
Randy Blythe > you.

pwned
Quote by HangmaN47
motorboat the clit you motorboatin' sonofabitch.
Quote by halfback_712

thanks to whoever mentioned Dragonforce I like them, but I don't like that funky special effects kit thing they use...or at least it sounds like the use.

What special effects thing is this??
Edit: I think you just mean the awesome sloppy video game guitars

0.999... = 1
What special effects thing is this??

the sness console
Quote by HangmaN47
motorboat the clit you motorboatin' sonofabitch.
Page 1 of 2