I recently bought a marshall dsl401 and i was really happy with it and its distortion...until i heard what my friend could get out of his laney combo. His tone was just so smooth and chunky it made my marshall sound tinny and shrill. So i called the place where i got my marshall from and they said that they would let me swap it for another amp....BUT THEY DONT SELL LANEYS! So my friend who owns the laney said to find an amp that has a really good bottom-end response.

So if anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Btw the tone im looking for is pretty much like the chorus of "the small print" by muse.

my price range is inbetween $1500 to $2000 AUD.

Thanks
Member of the Muse > any other band club
I know this may sound stupid, but did you play his amp on the same guitar?
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

just use an Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive pedal for beter lead and a Boss CH-1 Super Chorus pedal for your cleans! the best things you can do for a marshall!
Epi Les Pau Quilt topl~Emg 81/85 Ghs 11's(1/2 step drop)
Charvel Model 4 EMG 81/SA/85 DR 10's (standard){for sale}
Peavey Deuce VT
Marshall JCM 800
Dunlop ZW-45 wylde wah
Dunlop RotoVibe
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Boss CE-5 Chorus
Quote by jimbob78
I know this may sound stupid, but did you play his amp on the same guitar?

Sure did. I have a line 6 pod xt live and it sounds terrible on mine compared to on his.
Member of the Muse > any other band club