I just watched some videos on youtube of fretless guitars i haven't heard a lot about them they got a really cool sound i think ill buy a cheap strat copy and make one now.
it won't work that easily. you can't just pull the frets off, and once you do get them off, you need flatwound strings.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
+1

I have hear of several skilled guitarplayers/builders who had trouble with that. If you just take the frets of-intonation can be **** up and you often lose all your sustain etc.

one succeseble version was to do the neck in metal...

and then there is those Vigier guitars that are cool
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
All you have to do is pull the frets and string it back up with flatwounds. Works like any other fretless, you wont loose sustain or mess up your intonation.

Although, you should ideally fill in the fret slots with epoxy, and it wouldn't hurt to epoxy the whole fretboard. Search Google and the Project Guitar Forum for tutorials, suggestions, etc.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Man i have played a fretless. Its a bit to get used to, different sound but meh. Whatever floats your boat!
i didnt think so i got a friend whos doing it i havent been able to play one yet i just thought it would be fun to play around with and if i can get a strat copy for like $50 it should be worth it
it'll be a fun experiment
google up some guides are ALGee has stated ...

some tips.
-you'll need to be extremly accurate to get the right tones
-experiment ... thrown in a sustainer & have fun w/ that
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
i'll do it when i get the money it shouldnt be that hard i know a lot about guitars and that kind of stuff
Once I finally find a tele I like and by it, I'll likely be defretting the peavey strat copy I put a sustainiac into

keep in mind that without frets, you are responsible for intonation. That means you need good ears., or you'll have to learn quick.