This is the feeling, this is the feeling

(It's only highschool, It's only highschool,
it's only highschool, It's only highschool),

[We aren't cool or rich, but we set the trends,
just try and relax, hope this never ends,
'cuz cloudless nights are rare, They don't turn out the lights for nothing],

It's only highschool, it's only highschool, it's only highschool,
it's only the rest of our lives...

"Inside a Harbor Where Our Thoughts Are Like Ships: Anchored Down With No Hope of Ever Being Set Free."

Let's all jump in the harbor,
And hit the water at the same time.
See if we can break the anchor lines
Tying down the ships
So the water will pour out,
And we'll be left with a useless dam.

Maybe if you can hold back
The froth swirling back and forth,
Between gaping holes,
You can stop, and listen, and grow.
But everytime they kiss it sounds like
White noise.
White noise.
Static snow falls with a peculiar grace,
And why is it that we have to find art in everything?
For once can't we say it like it really is:
A forged attempt at being something special,
Capsulizing feeling.
By 'imitation' he did not mean to rip off one of the writer's songs, but to use their style.

Because I think his piece is way too close to Last Chance To Lose Your Keys, (This isn't High School?) Secondary, Logan to Govt. Center and SoCo Amaretto Lime (Why would you rip off his writing from Your Favorite Weapon and not Deja Entedu or TDGRIM?) I vote for myself. You can 'counter-act' my vote if you want, but I gave my reasoning, and I think it's fair.

Edit: There's even a little bit of Tommy Gun in there.

I'm not going to lie, this kind of makes me mad...

this is our last summer (our last summer),
by now we're just waiting, (for winter),

It's my last semester (It's my last semester)
At least until next winter. (At least until next winter.)

The flow is almost spot on with that song...
Last edited by Retribution at Jan 27, 2007,
Quote by Retribution
By 'imitation' he did not mean to rip off one of the writer's songs, but to use their style.

Because I think his piece is way too close to Last Chance To Lose Your Keys, (This isn't High School?) Secondary, Logan to Govt. Center and SoCo Amaretto Lime (Why would you rip off his writing from Your Favorite Weapon and not Deja Entedu or TDGRIM?) I vote for myself. You can 'counter-act' my vote if you want, but I gave my reasoning, and I think it's fair.

Edit: There's even a little bit of Tommy Gun in there.

I'm not going to lie, this kind of makes me mad...

this is our last summer (our last summer),
by now we're just waiting, (for winter),

It's my last semester (It's my last semester)
At least until next winter. (At least until next winter.)

The flow is almost spot on with that song...

Well for one I really can't find a flow at all in this song. I'm not going to "counter-act" your vote, actually I'm going to vote for you. My piece sucks and doesn't belong in the semi-finals, it's long, boring, has no flow, and all the things you said. You can be mad at me or whatever, but you're probably going to win. You should win if anyone has half a brain. I just wrote some crap and sent it in.
Quote by Cal UK
Alk hit the nail on the head there.
Sorry for the double post, but my computer freezes everytime I try to edit my post...

Can I just forfeit/be disqualified? I really don't care about this piece, or this comp. right now.
Quote by Cal UK
Quote by Alk 3 addict
Well for one I really can't find a flow at all in this song. I'm not going to "counter-act" your vote, actually I'm going to vote for you. My piece sucks and doesn't belong in the semi-finals, it's long, boring, has no flow, and all the things you said. You can be mad at me or whatever, but you're probably going to win. You should win if anyone has half a brain. I just wrote some crap and sent it in.

I just think you listened to Brand New and took the central ideas from a few songs and used a line from each.
Quote by Retribution
I just think you listened to Brand New and took the central ideas from a few songs and used a line from each.

Ok I will admit I was wrong and basicly ripped a few lines, just disqualify me.

EDIT: Well now that I'm feeling better, I think I will defend myself. You can decide whether or not my points are valid. This was meant to be a more Soco Amaretto Lime type writing than anything else, that is why it would bear resemblance to that. This is a first draft, and the part that was "ripped from," or "inspired by" depending on where you stand, Tommy Gun was put in "[ ]" in my second draft piece that was sent to THW, which was supposed to make it less important. Yes I still have it in there, but I thought it should be less relevant because it is, let's say, "inspired by" Tommy Gun. ("inspired by" makes it seem so less harsh.) The part that is basicly a rip off of that line in Semester, I really didn't notice how similar it was. I knew the 'winter' part was familiar, and later figured out it was from Semester, but I never read back through and realized it was almost an exact match. As for putting other people's lines in songs, Lacey does it too.

'I never thought this day would end/I never thought the night could ever be this close to me'
From "Logan To Govt. Center," is the exact same line from the Cure's song "Close To Me."

Not really an excuse for me, and I did it a lot more than he would have, I changed the lines a little too, so I didn't do the exact same thing as him...

So you can hate me, you can despise me, you can be mad at me. This is just me defending myself. You don't have to buy it or see this as a valid reason for me using these parts, oh well. I would still agree to forfeit or be disqualified.
Quote by Cal UK
Last edited by Alk 3 addict at Jan 28, 2007,
Jesse has taken direct verses before (A verse in Sowing Season is a verse from the poem "If" by Rudyard Kipling.), but I think that's an unfair stretch to avoid the fact that those lines are stolen from his songs...

If you posted this on your own, not in this comp., I would be telling you the same thing.

But whatever, we'll see what happens in the poll.