Ok guys is there anyway to test my pickups to see which one is working when the switch is in a certain position. I came across an old strat that has only 2 pickups but with a 5 way selector and the neck position on the switch works like a killswitch. So is there any way to put the switch in a position then test to see which pickup is working?
um, bridge position should test the bridge pickup and the middle should test the middle.

hey, what happens if u put the switch between neck and middle positions?
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Yeah, it's pretty much common sense there. I interpret your problem as this: both pickups work when the switch is in their position. When the switch is at neck, it's fine. When it's at bridge, it's fine. But when you put both, something's wrong. Am I right?

EDIT: I think I may have been waaaaay off, and completely misinterpreted your problem.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Last edited by E V H 5150 at Jan 26, 2007,
put the switch in a position , mute your strings, and tap your pickup with your pick. whichever one you hear the tapping from is the pickup for that position.
..Get a magnet, switch the knob and put the magnet against it accordingly.
Gear
Custom Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Acoustic
VK 112
Epi VJ
EHX Holy Grail
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Modded Tubescreamer TS7 -> TS-808
Strat Knockoff
well I mean I cant tell just by the sound which pickup is working. I was wondering if there was a way to see which pickup was selected. All 4 of the switch postions below the first one work.
Quote by Flyingwhitey182
..Get a magnet, switch the knob and put the magnet against it accordingly.

then touch some tvs with it.

i did that a week or so ago
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
to test which pickups are working in each position on the switch, get something metal and tap each pickup at each position and you should hear a sound when the metal touches the magnet on the pickup. If one pikup makes a sound and the other doesnt then you know which pickup works in that position.
ok thanks guys, I didnt see any other post other than the first one below mine. Ill try the tapping and magnet thing. thanks alot
Quote by blacklp
put the switch in a position , mute your strings, and tap your pickup with your pick. whichever one you hear the tapping from is the pickup for that position.

as i quote myself.
ooops sorry, didnt think you got that