http://cgi.ebay.com/Guitar-Parts-WILKINSON-Tremolo-Bridge-6-Screw-BLACK_W0QQitemZ160078913983QQihZ006QQcategoryZ41407QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The price seems too good to be true and the packaging doesn't look right, so I want to see if anybody here knows whether this is a real wilkinson.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
I'd bet that it is real, but the seller (Oviously got quite a bit of cash) appears to have re-packaged it under the Guitarheads name. I may very well be wrong, but I got a pretty big hunch.
My gear
Fender Bullet Reverb Amp
Foxxe Strat Copy
I Guitar Hero
I got the same black wilkonson on guitarfetish for $40. Havent had any problems yet and can withstand abuse
Turns out it's for American strats though, so are the ones on guitarfetish. Anyone know where I can find the wilkinson for mexican strats?
Quote by SG thrasher

Quote by The_Paranoia

Go Schneiderman!

they fit on both there's absolutly no difference. the only difference between a MIM am MIA is the MIM uses slightly less high quality wood and pickups but with a bit of work an MIM can sound as good as if not better than an guitar straight out of fender's american factory and still be half the price
^They're not the same, the screw distance and string spacing are different on MIA and MIM strats.
Quote by SG thrasher

Quote by The_Paranoia

Go Schneiderman!

Doesn't the MIA Strats have two screws instead of six?
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
The string spacing and screw holes for MIA strats, MIM reissues, MIJ Fenders, and MIJ Squiers are all the same and they all have the thicker trem blocks. On newer Indonesian and Chinese Squiers, MIM Fender Standard Strats, the string spacing and screw holes are smaller/closer and the trem blocks are puny.

btw, i learned these when a buddy upgraded some of my strats - MIM standard, Indonesian Affinity Squier, and MIA strat.

it took a while to find a wilkinson bridge for imports since they're no longer made, i think. their website no longer shows them.
^ The other MIJ Strat copies with the "vintage" style bridge of 6 screws also share the same dimension as the MIA Fender Strat.

Quote by add45
Doesn't the MIA Strats have two screws instead of six?

You're thinking about the "modern" bridge with the 2 pivot posts vs. the one being considered above which is the "vintage style" with the 6 screws.

(Invalid img) (Invalid img)
^ Oh allright, thanks for clearing that up
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr